“Relaxing atmosphere! ”
Review of Friedrichs Coffee

Friedrichs Coffee
Ranked #3 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Urbandale
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I go here when I want to spend time relaxing, enjoying coffee, and reading but also enjoy meeting friends here for coffee and to catch up! A dear friend and I met for coffee and to talk one morning. The coffee and tea or smoothie choices are numerous and everything I have tried has been good.

There are comfortable seats for visiting and tables with chairs for those who want to make use of the wi-fi. The atmosphere is perfect for either. There is no being rushed and you can relax and enjoy your time. There is also outdoor seating when the weather is nice and a drive up window for orders on the go. Since moving no to DSM and first experiencing Friedrich's it has always been a favorite spot!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 3 February 2017

I love the orange cinnamon tea they have. Their coffee is also very good. Nice, cozy coffee shop atmosphere.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Friedrichs has become a standby for a place to catch up with old friends. Their coffee is great, low key tunes float in the background, and the staff has always been friendly. Their decor is comfortable with chairs inside that are great for long conversations or just enjoying a quiet moment. The outdoor patio is great in the summer for sipping an iced coffee in the shade.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank veggielaurenw
Reviewed 20 May 2016

i was not impressed. I am a fan of starbucks as it has frappachinnos for the non coffee lovers like me. i did not find one thing on the menu that i would order.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed 30 September 2015

The last two visits to this Friedrichs have been very poor, and just leave me without an explanation. The first trip had me waiting over 10 minutes for a simple cup of coffee, and the second trip was 18 minutes in the drive-through. The first trip the person waiting on me was visibly mad, and the second trip when asked if they were short-handed, their only reply was "No", then she closed the window on us. I can't say what has changed at this coffee shop, because the coffee has always been good, but I won't tolerate their new lower level of service.

Date of visit: September 2015