“Good place to eat”

Sam & Gabe's Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam & Gabe's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Urbandale
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Service can be slow, especially in the room with the bar. Also in that room the tables are too close together, but other than that we really enjoy it. The Linguini Bolognese is absolutely fabulous and I get cravings for it. Hubby always get a steak and it's always cooked to his liking. Nice menu selection and everything is always fresh.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

My wife and I enjoyed dinner on a Thursday night at Sam & Gabe's and had a wonderful pasta dinner.Thursday is half price for bottled wine which did not hurt! The service was great and we would recommend you give this place a try.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Old fashioned icon in the neighborhood - has that supper club feel! Its a bit dated but that adds to the ambiance a bit, if your looking for chic and polished better go somewhere else if you want to escape a little and delve into some family favorite Italian then this is alright!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went here for date night when another restaurant we originally had wanted to eat at was overbooked. We are so glad we did! The food here is so good. Food is a bit pricey but it is well worth it. We will definitely be back. The steak dish and creme brûlée are highly recommended!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Met a friend for dinner a couple nights ago and wished I had read reviews before we went. Have been before, but it's been several years. First off the waiter was dripping in sweat the entire time he was serving us and even coughed into his napkin he constantly had in his hand or pocket. We were not the only ones to notice this. Also, when I inquired about a gluten free menu he didn't seem to know it even existed. I had called ahead of time to make sure there was one or would not have even considered having dinner here. To add to it the service was extremely slow. Not sure if they were short staffed, but since there was a business group in a party room you would think they would have been better prepared. The food was actually very tasty, but with that kind of service combined with a sweaty rude waiter I would not recommend this place to anyone.