All reviews front desk free breakfast hard beds parking lot restaurants within walking distance des moines room was clean fridge and microwave up to date stayed two nights hot tub newer hotel easy access indoor pool next morning night stay great place to stay
Reviewed 21 March 2016

The Fairfield Inn and Suites (Des Moines - Urbandale) is brand new and beautiful. It opened in 2014. The bathroom is spacious and well equipped. Rooms are large and have a beautiful wall paper on one side. The other side of the room is the usual TV, desk, free wi fi. Microwave and small refrigerator are now embedded in the wall between the bathroom and bedroom. Hot tub was plenty hot and pool was cooler than expected.

Staff was very nice. 'Business center' was a nice desk, computer and printer off the main entrance. Main entrance was sprawling and grandiose for a medium-priced hotel. Carpeting in hall ways was, either by design or accident, a beautiful pattern of I beams.

Location is convenient, it is just off the freeway on the west side of Des Moines.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Thressy21, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Steve H
Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Urbandale, IA. We appreciate your feedback, and your kind words. Please come back and stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed here mid February in 2016. Parking and check in were super easy. Hotel was quiet and clean. Breakfast was tasty and hot. Staff was helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Our room was super spacious. Probably one of the biggest rooms we have ever stayed in. Would gladly come back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thressy21, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We appreciate you staying with us and we hope that you will come back and visit us. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I stayed 3 nights at this location last week. I stayed at West Des Moines last time, and this one feels newer maybe, or maybe the decor just suits me better. As a Platinum member they were able to upgrade me to a King Suite, which was perfect for my length of time there. I do wish they had the walk-in shower instead of the tub. I mean, who takes a bath at a hotel?? There were plenty of pilows--both firm and plush. The bed was almost too firm.

My one big complaint was that it was the exact same breakfast for all 3 mornings. With guests who stay 1 night, it's no big deal, but there needs to be some variety there.

I was also not offered my Platinum arrival gift or points, but figured since I got the room upgrade I wouldn't complain.

Good fitness room. Each treadmill had its own full cable box with all the channels (very large channel selection including premium channels). It took me a while to figure out which remote worked with which treadmill, then where to point the remote. Once I figured it out, it was pretty nice to have.

Wifi, even the enhanced speeds available for a charge (or free for Gold/Platinum) was slow.

Trip type: Travelled on business

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!! Thank you for allowing us to help create a great experience for you. We hope to see you in the future. Thank you

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

I don't know what came over me, but instead of staying across the parking lot at the HIE, I decided to try the Fairfield for almost the same$. My mistake. The check-in staff at the Fairfield lacked energy, personality, and even though I tried to cheer her up, she succeeded in assigning me a lousy room. (In a mostly empty hotel on a Saturday night she gave me 3rd floor room RIGHT NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR). The coffee in the lobby urns at 6:00PM was cold. The room was virtually brand new, liked the furnishings. Liked the pull out desk and the LG TV that actually had HD for to watch the Steelers football game. The wireless was S.L.O.W., so much in fact that it was better to use my AT&T hotspot, then their overloaded bandwidth. There was a bunch of pillows on the bed, but not of varying firmness(s). The property looks good, but as my Grandma always said, "you can' drive a paint job." Overall, I have nothing personal against the FI, I just like the hotel next-door...better.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Thressy21, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We definitely aim to please our customers and we apologize that we fell short of your expectations and our own. We would love the opportunity to earn your business back if you would allow us.

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

It surprised me coming back through Des Moines and my husband said we weren't staying at the HIE in Urbandale but at The Fairfield Inn instead. I'm pretty adventurous and game for most things so I thought ok. Very updated and contemporary, right off I80 and restaurants nearby to walk to even on a below zero night.

I got to the part where it's time to go to bed and I'm trying out all the pillows. I'm spoiled and enjoy my feather pillows at home. HIE has a couple of a different choices and I ve found them to my liking for a temporary fix when away from home. Sometimes were traveling on motorcycles so not much room for pillows but back to when we arrives at our destination the other night when My husband said we were staying at a different hotel I probably would have packed my pillow since we were traveling by car this time!
ANyways that would be about the only thing. THe room we got was huge . It seems like it was for a person in a wheel chair and it was near the elevator. THe rooms seemed about a third full so why did we get third floor and near the elevator??
WE didn't stick around for breakfast as we left at 5 am the next days so I cannot comment on the food

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us we truly appreciate it and we value you as a customer. We are sincerely apologetic regarding the pillows. We currently only have foam and feather pillows. We are reviewing different types of pillows for different preferences. When ever you stay with us if you find something uncomfortable or need more of something please let us know, as we are here to help. Our elevator rooms are built larger to block out the noise from the elevator, and so far has been successful; however if you have a room preference please let us know so we can take care you. We hope that you come back and stay with us, and allow us the opportunity to accommodate your needs.