“Perfect date night with hubby.”
Review of Breakout

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Breakout
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Urbandale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This isn’t your average outing or everyday experience—Breakout is for those who would rather solve mysteries than watch someone else have all the fun. With different rooms that follow unique story-lines, you and your friends will have 60 minutes to escape your adventure of choice by cracking codes, solving puzzles and following clues. Part problem solving, part adrenaline, end-to-end fun!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband booked this for date night. I was super excited because I've always wanted to try a challenge like a break out room. We were paired with two other couples we didn't know. At first I was worried about this, but it ended up being really fun. We did the kidnapped room. Even though we didn't make it out in time, it was a date night success! Our guides were very energetic and made the night fun!

Date of experience: February 2018
Jason T, Owner at Breakout, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for such a detailed review. We are so happy that you had fun playing the Kidnapping room as part of your date night! It is awesome to hear that the Game Master was energetic and helped make the game fun. We hope you all can return to try another game. Hopefully you all will break out next time!

All reviews
"adventure"
"players"
"casino"

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Was a great time an way harder than we that it would b. We will be goen back to try sum diff rooms soon.

Date of experience: March 2018
Jason T, Owner at Breakout, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

We are so happy that you had a great time and enjoyed the challenge! We look forward to having you all back to try more of our rooms. Thank you for the positive review.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My husband and I took our two young adult daughters for one of their birthdays. We have been to escape rooms in Montreal, Iowa City and Des Moines. We chose the "Kidnapped" room. When we arrived, we were paired with another young couple as the room can hold six people. Steven, our "game keeper" was very helpful. Explained that we would be blindfolded and led slowly into the room (holding on to the person in front of us for safety) and were then handcuffed to a cot (the handcuffs are only held to the cot by a magnet so you could easily get out if you needed to do so). Steven told us that we could have unlimited clues, which thrilled us to pieces--I think we got five clues all together. We were told that we would hear a series of three beeps and then we could take off our blindfolds. The room was challenging and fun! We made it out with a little over three minutes to spare!! Success! The door frame lights up when you are successful! It was a great way to spend celebrating our daughter's birthday! It would be great for "team building", a fun time out with friends or as a family. We would wholeheartedly recommend Breakout Games!!

Date of experience: February 2018
Jason T, Owner at Breakout, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thanks for the awesome review, Debra! We are so glad to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time in our Kidnapping room, and that we got the chance to help you all celebrate a special day! It is always a blast for us to get to share in the excitement and thrill of watching a group come together and overcome a challenge! Congrats on breaking out! We cannot wait to see you again in the future for another game! Thanks for playing with us!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

My first time doing this. Went with my -spouse, son, daughter-in-law, and grandson. Personally it isn't my thing. Probably an age thing having exceeded seven decades. My grandson (age 11) LOVED it! If he didn't live in Denver, he would want to go every week. Staff was great! The escape we chose was very well done and very challenging. (We failed.) Everyone except this old geezer (and perhaps his spouse) had a great time. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who has an interest in this type of entertainment and is seeking a challenging and well executed adventure.

Date of experience: December 2017
Jason T, Owner at Breakout, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thanks for the great and in-depth review! We wish that you could say you enjoyed it as much as your family, but are so excited to hear that your grandson had a blast and that our room was challenging and fun! It is always wonderful to hear that our staff was warm and welcoming as well! Thanks so much for playing with us!