“Great food although service wonky”
Review of Plaza Mexico

Plaza Mexico
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Storm Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My family of four plus two nieces ate there tonight. Although the service was a bit flighty, all were friendly.

We had two kids' burritos, one Mexican pizza, burritos Verde and two fajita quesadillas. All were very good. The salsa was weird, tasted more like marinara, and the chips seemed stale but overall we enjoyed our meal and will return.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I finally talked my husband into coming here with me and won't come back. We were seated promptly and the waiter walked by us several times. The lady with the water pitcher got us water and menus. They seated two more booths next to us and took one order before us and the other at the same time. Both of the other tables were almost half done with their meal before the waiter tried to bring us a check, still no food at this point. When I told him we hadn't gotten our food he asked if we needed anything else and repeated we didn't have our food. He walked around for a minute then brought us food that had really hot plates and cool food. He obviously forgot us. The nice lady with the water pitcher brought us a refill.
My food once received was really good. My husbands looked alright. His beans were soupy but I thought they looked good. There wasn't a problem with the food, it was really good but our service was awful! Not the service I remembered from past visits but the food was good like I remembered.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

This is the best Mexican you will find in the area. Lau Janita's downtown maybe the most authentic (order/fast food) but this is an excellent sit down and excellent service. One person will seat you, another offer water/chips/salsa, another will take your drink order, and another will come as your waiter/waitress and take your order. It is a great place to take someone for a birthday with a party area in back for larger groups. I suggest ordering the Pollo Locco and ask for the special cheese sauce to add to it or dip your chips and mix with salsa-excellent!

1  Thank Russell C
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Fast service! chips to eat while you wait, fill up your drinks all the time. food comes HOT! lots of choices! very reasaonable prices! lots of food for the money!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We love the fajitas here!. My hubby and I always split the steak or the trio fajita. Great price, great food.