“Not the best”

Plaza Mexico
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Storm Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

The food took a while to get to the table. It was ok Mexican food but not great. If you want great Mexican food go to Monterey in spencer

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Two words: Pollo Loco
That's right...crazy chicken! Plaza serves the best Pollo Loco I have ever had. The portion size is generous. I can usually get two or three meals out of it. The prices at Plaza are very reasonable and the service is insanely speedy!
Does the decor match that of other "more traditional" mexican joints? No! But it doesn't need to...the food is great and Plaza is always busy. The flower light fixtures still make me smile every time I see them . Plaza is a great meeting spot for groups of 5-10. The never ending chips and salsa is always good. Don't forget to try the frozen margaritas! I have eaten at Plaza over 20 times and I don't have one bad thing to say.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Vacationed here and we always look for authentic Mexican cuisine wherever we travel. If you're one who expects/desires free chips and salsa when you dine, you will get it here. The menu was so large that we had to ask our gracious waiter three times that we weren't ready to order yet. My wife had Chimis and I had something I can't pronounce that had chicken and peppers and an awesome sauce, and we left feeling that not only did we get a great meal, but the final bill was appealing, too.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

The restaurant is a refabbed Village Inn (or some such). What it lacks in ambience it makes up in food. Delicious. The Carne Asada is my favorite. Order some roasted hot peppers--I dare you. They are delicious! Good beer options, and other drinks to please most anyone (save someone who, like me, wants really good wine--but no big deal). Friendly, helpful staff.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

came here with some friends and first thing i noticed was a clean resturant with very nice workers there, and i am not pleased easy. For me and my table i dont think any of us had to ask for a refill, and to throw it off they do surprise birthday songs for anyones birthday, so if you got someone's birthday it is nice to go eat there and surprise them with a mexican style song :). Nice service was my best pick for this place and the food was pretty good. I have yet to try the whole menu but i say the Plaza mexico special is good.