See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I stayed at the Lighthouse while in Storm Lake to see my son who is a student at BVU University. The Lighthouse is a family owned business offering friendly service for their cottage like feel rooms. It is a quaint place offering clean and affordable rooms. The motel is across the street from the waterpark, also a nice park for kids to play and you can walk along the lake trail. There is a coffee and snack shop just a couple of stores down the same side of the street as the room does not have a coffee pot, but if you were staying a few days I suggest to bring your own. I would recommend to others, and have already booked my next weekend stay for next month.

Room Tip: Variety of rooms, location is the same for all rooms, nothing really to choose other than number of beds you need.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2016

This was the second summer I stayed at The Lighthouse Inn for this conference. It was half the price of the King's Pointe Water Park Resort (Water Park passes can be purchased even if you don't stay at the Resort) that is across the street. Storm Lake is across the street and presents a beautiful view.The walking/bike trail that goes around the lake is also accessible across the street. A bike rental shop is next door. I felt this location was very safe and would bring my family here for a fun stay with the attractions I mentioned so close. The traffic is well controlled by stop lights & slow speed limits. I noticed the police cruise the area on a regular basis, as well as other parts of the city where there are gift shops and restaurants.
The Lighthouse Inn is nostalgic and reminds me of places my family stayed back in the '60's & 70's. It is updated with classic decor that is different in each room to depict waterfront or sailing design colors and furniture. A large flat screen TV with Cable stations sets on a full size dresser. WIFI was free and I didn't experience any problems doing work on my computer, that sometimes happens at larger hotel facilities. I liked the large mirror in the room that I could sit and use my curling iron. The economical pricing cuts down on some perks such as a hair dryer, microwave and refrigerator, but I didn't need these items so why pay extra for them! The room and bathroom were very clean, the air conditioner was exceptional, the bed was comfortable with an abundance of pillows to stack up, kick back and relax watching TV or do some work. The wonderful owners check you in and greet you when you leave to make sure you are comfortable and had a nice stay.

Room Tip: It is small so all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

This weekend we had my daughter receiving her Bachelor's Degree, so I choose The Lighthouse Inn to stay. This hotel is awesome.. The couple who runs it are very polite, welcome you with great pleasure. It's a very clean hotel. It makes you feel at home staying here and I would stay again and again. Thank you for such a pleasant stay. You must stay here at the Lighthouse Inn if you're coming this way.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2016

The owner (Thayne) was a fantastic host. Very friendly and accommodating. Hotel decor is dated, but clean and functional. An economical choice for business travel. Great access to the walking trails around the lake

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Showed up here in the work truck and was greeted by one of the owners. He was very friendly and already had a room set aside for me. Room isn't too bad. Has a flat screen and pretty clean. The A/C blows cold and the bed is comfortable. Definitely would not mind staying here again in the future.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends