“Awesome small town motel”
Review of Lighthouse Inn

Lighthouse Inn
Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Storm Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2015

We stayed there with our family reunion and I felt right at home. The owner is very friendly, gracious, and informative. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The rate was acceptable. There is a huge water park across the street as well as a miniature golf course. Very nice attractive town. We would like to go back just to investigate the town further. The lake along with many parks is just across the road within walking distance also.

Room Tip: All rooms are ground floor with an outside door. Coffee is in the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 September 2015

This has got to be one of the best kept secrets in Storm Lake! I just returned from spending Labor Day weekend at this hotel and it was AWESOME!!!! The owner ---Thayne, was wonderful to work with! When I called to make the reservation they only had one night available so we took a room on that night. I was very surprised to see that I had missed a call from the hotel---Thayne was calling to tell me that they had a cancellation and offered us not only a room for 2 nights like we had been hoping for , but a bigger room!!! This hotel is located right across the street from the lake and also from a resort with an indoor/outdoor waterpark that is open to the public. Our room was fantastic----3 queen sized beds, a full size sofa, a table with chairs, and a bathroom with 2 sinks are some of the highlights! The room was very clean and well decorated---the theme was stars and stripes/ 4th of July. This is a very family friendly hotel ----they even let my 11 year old son borrow a bike so he could go for a ride! I felt like the room rate was more than fair and I can't wait to go back next year!!!! If you are looking for a safe, clean, family friendly hotel, then look no further!

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank gingerm0m
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Amenities may be dated but the friendly, family atmosphere, the clean rooms and the affordable price make it the best place in town. I was there for ten days and I never had a single complaint. They have some rooms available with a fridge and a microwave. Government rates are welcome. Even the mattresses are good!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2015

First time staying at this location and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean and the owners are very helpful and friendly. Stayed during the RAGBRAI event and was close to all the action. Would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2015

I stayed here two nights during the week of July 6 for work (as a state employee). The room was clean and comfortable, the host/owner was welcoming. The location (across the street from Kings Pointe) is good if you want to walk around the lake. This motel fits into our state employee budget and we appreciate having nice places to stay when we have to be away from home.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business