Budget Inn
USD 68
Priceline
Oskaloosa Motel(Oskaloosa)
USD 55
Super 8 by Wyndham Pella(Pella)(Great Value!)
USD 83
USD 151
USD 123
Priceline
Dutch Mill Inn(Pella)(Great Value!)
USD 189
Hotels.com
USD 123
Baymont by Wyndham Pella(Pella)(Great Value!)
USD 93
All reviewsgreat placestayed hereno frillsmikeprocessdesk
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Everyone saying "Great Ratings", "Well Maintained", "Wonderful Place". We had a room and friends had a room. Beds were ok. Wife and daughter forgot their conditioner and was going to use the hotel's but there was two shampoos and no conditioner. Friend's shower was literally a 1 yard by 1 yard standing shower that had a dangerous drain you wanted to avoid stepping on. There was nowhere to put your shampoo or soap when you were using it except on the floor. When they went to ask the owner/manager for a couple more towels, he was rude and snapped back at them "go see (so-and-so) in room 14. She'll get them" and walked away. Both of us had coolers with food for our trips so we asked where the Ice Machine was and they told us it was broken (we didn't even "see" one); that was a BIG negative for us. Breakfast was some muffins, coffee, and a couple cereal dispensers. All-in-all it is very run down, falling apart, and they seem like they're trying to make do with what they have. If you are Solo, I might stay there. But if there are two or more of you, nope . . . would not stay there again and would advise against it. They might have had the ratings in the past but not today.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a tub and not a standing shower.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2015

Stayed there on my business trip and It was a wonderful place in such a small town.. will definitely stay again. it was in a good location with easy access to downtown Oskaloosa and other landmarks. the bed was very comfortable with plenty of channels to watch on TV.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This place is very old but well maintained. Everything was very clean. Not too many places to stay in this town. This place looks kind of dumpy from the street but its ok. I would stay here again if I had to.

My shower was recently re-tiled and was nice except there was no place to put shampoo or soap. A little shelf in there would be nice.

Front desk guy was nice.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2015

I stayed at the Budget Inn in Oskaloosa last night because it was rated #1 by TripAdvisor among the 5 motels in that little town. I found out that I could trust TripAdvisor "reviewers" in that it was just what they claimed it to be - an older motel but very clean.

If we were given the choice between older and clean, or newer and not clean, which would most of us pick? Me too. Most of do not have to have a big fancy room that you only see a couple of hours before you close your eyes to sleep. But most of us require a clean room, right.

I stayed here for a corporate rate of $50. It was completely filled with workers who were doing some type of construction. I was initially afraid it might be noisy at night, but clerk said, "Oh, no, these men go to bed early because they have to get up in the morning early and go to work." And that is just exactly what they did. I never knew any of them were there, even though every parking space was filled.

If a needed a clean place to spend the night, I'd recommend this place. For $50, you cannot go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank askmrg
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

Awesome people! Nice rooms for a great price. Don't go anywhere else.
I've stayed for 3 months and it's a home away from home. I wouldn't go anywhere else and I'll say stay here!!! And the mike and Vicky they will go out off they way to make you stay pleasant.....

Stayed: September 2015