“Good food better view! ”
Review of Okoboji Store

Okoboji Store
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Okoboji
Price range: USD 6 - USD 35
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I took the family here and got a seat on the deck close to the water. The food was good and the view was tremendous as you get to watch boat go under the bridge. Service was good as they were very busy. Look forward to coming there next year. They also have some shopping you can do which is nice

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Stopped for a beverage and appetizer.. the cheese curds are the BEST ever! Even if you are not hungry!! I was disappointed the next day when we returned for lunch,..knowing it was a busy weekend,, and we might have a bit of a wait..I believe the system could be improved upon. There was no one helping with seating,, so you sat yourself when a table opened.. the problem with this.. is that people that came in after you,, would get a table if they were closer to the table when the table became available.. THis happened with three groups that came in behind us.. so we finally left and went to another restaurant who seated people as they came in order.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Located along side Highway 71 in Okoboji, Iowa is a family restaurant/bar that has become our favorite stop in the lakes area. When the Okoboji Store opened last year under new owners they struggled with their menu and service. Not sure what had happened since then but wow this has to be one of the top spots to grab a bite to eat, or to grab a cold drink around. They have a menu that offers many options and on weekends they usually have several different special meals that have been excellent! Cold drinks, outstanding service, great food, reasonable prices, and a lake side view are a few of the perks you will find at the Okoboji Store. No, I don't work here, I'm not being paid for this review, I am just giving them the most honest review they deserve! In fact if you could find my review of the Okoboji Store when they first opened under the current owners, you would see how I politely trashed them in that review. So, do yourself a favor, stop by the Okoboji Store, check it out you will not be disappointed it's a great place at the Iowa Great Lakes, Okoboji!!

Rachel T, Marketing at Okoboji Store, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hello!
Thank you SO MUCH for such an outstanding review! I’m very happy you decided to give us another chance- we work really hard to offer guests the best possible experience and it’s great to hear that reflected in your recent visits. We definitely appreciate you taking the time to write out all the things you enjoy about The Store, and it makes us feel so awesome that we’ve been up to your satisfaction. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Thanks for the love!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Enjoyable establishment - Fun atmosphere - Excellent hot wings - We had great service, very creative and tasty entree choices - Prices were agreeable - The metal chairs in the patio area look nice but are uncomfortable. Anxious to return for another fun experience

Rachel T, Marketing at Okoboji Store, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Hi Harris,
Thank you for your wonderful review! Your experience is our top priority, so I love hearing the atmosphere, food, and service was enjoyable. The wings are one of my favorites as well, especially on a game day! Sorry about those metal chairs, unfortunately we needed something would last outside during those Summer days where we don't have the patio covered, I understand they can get uncomfortable! Besides that, I'm so happy you're excited to return- and we are just as anxious for you to come on back!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My burger was delicious. However, for the price, I was surprised it came with overly salted chips and that to get fries there was additional charge. The margarita also tasted like pure sugar. The wait was a little long both for a table and for food. I'm sure tourists love the atmosphere and the location. However, I'm a local, and I'll stick to my usuals.

Rachel T, Marketing at Okoboji Store, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hello April,
I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience! Our goal is to make every visit amazing, and it sounds like we missed the mark on your chips and margarita. We definitely value the locals and hope you give us another shot in the near future! Feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any questions or comments, or if there is anything we can do to help remedy your experience.

kate@maumarine.com