“Noisy Night”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 21 April 2016

My wife and I stayed one night on our way back from an out of state vacation. The room was just average at best. The min refrigerator ran all night making a constant low buzzing vibration noise. In addition, the air conditioner would cycle on loudly every 45 seconds or so. Finally we decided it was easier to not cool the room and turned it off. We were too tired and it was late so we did not request another room. There was no TV guide and over 100 channels so we had to do a lot of channel surfing to finally find what we were looking for.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 March 2016

I stayed here for a week and they were very helpful and very friendly. The room was clean, spacious, and smelled nice. The tv worked great and they always had coffee brewing. The hotel was very quiet and the parking lot was very well lit. The staff was always happy to go above and beyond, especially Sara and Heather that took time to make sure my stay was great. This is a hotel I will stay at again for sure.

Room Tip: make sure you are a member of choice hotels privileges as you could possibly upgrade
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2016

This hotel has comfortable beds and a good breakfast.. Those are the good points..The guy checking me in said he was "technologically challenged" and really couldn't help with the wifi. I had ants in my room, on the desk and on the wall. Those are the not so good points. There was also a large silver box mouse trap under my bed...I was told when I inquired that it was for precaution. I always review hotels, good or bad. This hotel is probably fine, maybe I just got a bad room. They were very accommodating to my needs when I made my reservation, but when I complained about the mouse trap, then the ants, I really should have been able to speak to the manager..I contacted Choice Customer Service today with my concerns since I haven't been able to talk to the manager. She was gone by 2:00 today according to the front desk. I checked out two days ago and was asked to wait until today, Monday, or tomorrow to call since she is "usually pretty busy on Mondays". My thought is if a customer needs to talk to a manager, time should be taken for them. Like I said beds are comfortable, breakfast is good, customer relations and cleanliness need work. Also note, the ice machine is only on the third floor..

Room Tip: Third floor is the only floor with an ice machine...
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Gail W, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

I am so very sorry that you encountered these issues during your stay. I did know that there was ants in your room and I did advise my staff on how to correct this issues. I however did not know that my maintenance man had left a mouse trap in your room as that is very unacceptable! I did know that you wished to speak with me as no note was left for me by my weekend staff, I did have a note left for me saying that you had called me yesterday afternoon. I am always willing and able to speak with a guest about anything good or bad. I will be giving you a call today to discuss the the issues you had during your stay and once again I am so sorry this should have never have happened.

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

The guys at the front desk were so helpful! The beds were great! I thought the hotel was nice but a little outdated. The tv kept cutting out all night, and you had to be right up to the tv to change the channel. But overall the stay was great and I will find myself staying here more often

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

Very friendly employee at front desk. We had a family suite and it was perfect for our family of 5. Beds were so comfy! We hated to leave. We have stayed in many hotels and it was the first time I have ever heard my 16 say she could live there. :) My 9 year old enjoyed the pool. I would have given 5 stars, but there was so much chlorine in the pool. His eyes were burning that evening and he slept with a cool wash cloth over his eyes. We will probably stay again on our way to visit family.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Gail W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It is always nice to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. I am so sorry that the pool bothered your sons eyes, I have had my maintenance department look into this so we can correct the issue.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.