All reviews mississippi river effigy mounds small town railroad noise top floor within feet community room charging station local history train whistle waffles front desk staff meeting room newer hotel the room was nice king suite free breakfast is
Reviewed 2 February 2017

The hotel was very nice. Delicious cookies at check in. Hot breakfast was good. Beds were fine. Room was clean. Employees were friendly. Drunk guests puking, yelling, and slamming doors at the wee hours of the morning were the only downfall of our stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
CobblestoneMarquette, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you enjoyed our facilities and hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is very nice and modern. The beds were comfortable and things seemed clean. There were three things I would bring up as negatives. The first is there only 10-15 parking spaces and I could never park in the lot. Since it is winter, there altnernate side parking so I had to park blocks away under a dark bridge. Another negative was it's right next to the train so you heard the horns throughout the night. It was fine for me, but had my wife been along, she would have been upset. Finally, there's a greedy $1.75 plus tax charge added to your bill for the safe in the room. Just build it into the room price if your going to do that because it seems petty and really annoyed me. Would I stay there again, probably not unless Lady Luck casino comped me. Again, the hotel itself is quite nice, just the extras that made it a negative.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry you had some negative experiences with your stay. We hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Parking isn't the best. You might have to park on the street. Pet friendly but I'd suggest calling them directly to reserve a pet friendly room. We booked online and paid the extra pet fee ($15 or 20 I think). We booked a king room not knowing pets were only allowed in certain rooms. When I mentioned we had a dog to the lady at the front desk she informed us we would have to stay in a double queen room. No big deal but if they had been completely booked I'm not sure what they would've done. No problems otherwise. A good stay. There's a Casey's convenience store right across the street which is handy. Quiet area. Not a huge hotel and it books fast on busy weekends.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you and your pet again soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

I read some bad reviews for this place, but my experience was great. Room was comparable to a nice Comfort Inn. Comfortable beds, clean carpeting, nice size room, and cleaning service did and excellent job! Parking lot is small, but parking is available on the street in front of hotel, so not a problem. There are train tracks near the hotel, but I never heard the train after 10 p.m. which is when it counts. Staff was courteous and helpful. One caution: be sure to mention you don't intend to use the safe. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for recommending our hotel. We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Just held our family Christmas here, everything went great, nice rooms, comfortable beds, pretty views. Used the meeting room on the top floor which comfortably held a group of 40. Would recommend for group get togethers!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review. We enjoyed you and your family and hope to see you for Christmas next year.