“great dinner”

Hawkeye Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Keokuk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hawkeye Restaurant‎ 105 North Park Drive, Keokuk, IA 52632-2238 (319) 524-7549‎ hawkeyerestaurant.com
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Good food, good service, good selection, did not do the salad bar but it looked good. Try the bacon wrapped scallops...mmmmm. and the House Roquefort Red dressing.

1  Thank AuntieRo
There are newer reviews for Hawkeye Restaurant

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have lived in Lee County most of my life and have eaten and visited The Hawkeye Restaurant many times. This place has a great atmosphere! I would take anyone visiting me from out of town to this place first, esp for drinks. From the lobby with the delicious looking meats showcased right down the the bathrooms. Very nice. The bar is a great area to have drinks in. It is separated from the rest of the restaurant; I think this is ideal.
If I were the owner of a restaurant, I would want our reputation to be: Foremost- great food/ great service, and atmosphere. This place has great service and atmosphere. However, I would say that the food, in the last few years, is seriously lacking. It used to be one of the best places to eat in the area for a good steak. I am not alone in this feeling this way- many of my friends and family have said the same thing. I am the only one that will take the time to write a review! In doing this I am hoping it will help the Restaurant to step it up and make things better, because I really like the restaurant, but I don't appreciate the amount of money I am paying for the quality of meal I get.
I have gotten the "Pick your own Pasta" - when I got my food, my vegetable were cold, almost frozen- so I am thinking I got the frozen veggies, and they attempted to nuke them (I could have done this at home..); I also added shrimp and I got all of 5 pieces.
My boyfriend and I have ordered their Iowa Chops to go and the entire meal was dried out and just terrible.
The Chicken Cordon Bleu is pretty good, but I get the feeling it is the frozen version...because it was also a little on the cold side, when I have ordered it before.
The salad bar is great! I am kind of a salad bar snob..If a restaurant has only has iceberg lettuce for their main leafy greens, I will turn my nose up at it. People eat at the salad bar mostly for a few reasons: it is cheaper than an entire meal, or maybe they can't eat an entire meal and take the rest of it home with them and finally maybe they are trying to eat healthy. There is no nutritional value to lettuce, but it is cheap.
Overall, I have stopped going to the Hawkeye to EAT.
I hope this helps!
-Lee County Lover

Reviewed 19 November 2011

If you happen to be in southeastern Iowa, this is a good place for dinner -- especially
steak. When you walk in the door and see the steaks displayed, you can make a quick judgement about quality. If there's a choice, then I suggest eating in the "lounge" -- it's
a warmer atmosphere. For the steaks, I thought the New York strip was excellent! Maybe
here my preference would be beer over wine.

1  Thank weyl-59
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Great place to feed a family or treat yourself! Great food for a great price.

1  Thank AkaJiffyPop
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We weren't expecting such a good meal and were happily surprised.

2  Thank Trudi_Alameda