“Excellent!!! Mark is a great guy and I felt like I was at home.”
Review of Brown Street Inn

Brown Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Indiana
“Excellent!!! Mark is a great guy and I felt like I was at home.”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The B & B I used to go to closed. Brown Street Inn was truly a great replacement and I would stay there every time I was in Iowa City. Great location, I felt so at home there, and Mark was so great and loving. Wonderful breakfast, small refrigerator in room, cookies at night, stocked water, soda, tea and coffee! I was so am still am sad about the retirement of my old B & B but this one is excellent and truly made me feel at home. I spent time downstairs in the living room, etc. when I got home from work and I just felt so comfortable walking around, being near the fireplace and looking at Mark and Bob's wonderful home. It is truly a great experience! In three months I will return there for work. Natalie

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This is one of the best Beds & Breakfasts my wife and I have stayed in and we have stayed in many. The house is charming and beautifully decorated. The hosts are charming and very accommodating. We stayed in the Red Room; it was large, very comfortable. The breakfasts were first rate. The neighborhood is charming (right next to the house where Kurt Vonnegut once lived.) Iowa City is a pleasant Midwestern town. There is no reason not to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank amishlaw
Den Haag
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I highly recommend this charming B&B in a historic neighborhood in Iowa City. I stayed at the Brown Street Inn while visiting my daughter who lived down the street. She knew I would love it by the front porch and she was right. Very cozy, homey - the fireplace burning in the library with plenty of easy chairs to relax in. The rooms were period decorated, beds comfortable, pillows great. Water & tea on a chest in the hallway. Breakfast was a treat of homemade bakery goods from nearby with fresh butter & local jams.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed for three nights at the Brown Street Inn while moving my freshman into the university. The Inn is the utmost in comfort. I was in the Red Room which is very large and beautifully decorated. Mark did a fabulous job of making my stay comfortable and relaxing. The large front porch is a great place for reading and I imagine a winters day by the fireplace in the livingroom would be lovely. It is in a quiet neighborhood, close to the university, but away from the crowds. I look forward to another visit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Sonora, CA
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Everything all the other reviewers say is accurate, I cannot compound it more. Mark is one of the coolest dudes I've ever met in a B&B. Better hosts do not exist. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 7 in Iowa City
1.3 km away
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
3.3 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
3.1 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
2.8 km away
Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Brown Street Inn? Share your experiences!