New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Super 8 Fairfield

Super 8 Fairfield
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nasty and too expensive for what you get.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

The room smelled horrible and was not clean at all. The walls where filthy and the beds where too hard. I stayed there a month ago and am pretty sure I got bed bugs from the room I was in. We stay in a lot of cheap hotels when my boyfriends band goes out of town and this is the worst by far, plus it was expensive for just a crappy hotel room.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank merchgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

No way. I pulled in, dead tired at midnight and just wanted to sleep. Told the desk clerk "Give me a room *away* from the kids drinking in your parking lot". She seemed unbothered by that, as she never went out to tell them to leave. Took her a LONG time to get me checked in. As I went to park, the kids were very noisy. I go to lug my bags up to the room, and out comes an under-age drunk kid. Then my key doesn't work, after carring my bags up a flight of stairs. As I'm trying my key over and over, doors were opening and closing, more drunk kids making racket. I immediately carried everything back to my vehicle, demanded a refund and left, heading to the Super 8 in Mt Pleasant, IA instead. (An older property, but dead quiet and clean)

I'll never stop here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Roadside_US

Travellers are raving about these Fairfield hotels

midwest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2008

On the first night of our 3 night stay, my niece cut her heel very badly to the point of requiring stitches on the pool ladder. Not only was the hotel unprepared to handle a medical issue (no policy for handling blood soiled laundry or blood contamination in the pool, and an incomplete first aid kit), they also refused to adjust the bill to compensate for the out of pocket medical supply bills. The manager was extremely rude and said that no one else had ever cut their heel on the pool ladder and that they were not going to be held responsible for expenses related to the incident. She refused to return phone calls and refused to give us any one above her's contact information so we could pursue this on another level. My family has in the past used this hotel for about 7 days a year. We will no longer be doing that. I should note that the desk clerk was very polite and that the rudeness was on the part of the manager only.

On a separate issue, during our stay, the housekeeping staff took the tip money, but did not actually clean, empty the trash, or put in clean towels until we specifically asked them to.

• Stayed March 2008
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Omaha,NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2007

The Super 8 in Fairfield IA. was actually nicer than I had expected. The room was very clean and had no "Hotel smell" , there were plenty of towels and soap. I don't normally sleep well in strange places but I was asleep all night long. I think that is what impressed me most. In the morning there was a pretty good selection for the Continental breakfast. If I ever find myself in the area again I would not hesitate to stay there. If there is any negative the pool is very small.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Small pool
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2004

We stayed here last New Year's Eve for 2 nights and found the double queen room very clean and comfortable. It had a fresh smell upon entering even though it was a smokers room and the carpet was a little worn in places. The bed was fairly firm, not saggy like most and the soft sheets seemed to be new. The private bathroom was spotlessly clean with no mold or musty smell; the separate sink area was also thoroughly cleaned. Extra towels were cheerfully supplied by housekeeping. For those early risers, a Continental breakfast was served in the lobby area. Also a plus was the indoor heated pool and a whirlpool for those with tired bones. East of the motel, we found a quaint restaurant that looked like a silver tin "trailer" serving one of the best burgers we've had. Our stay was wonderful. The room was clean, the receptionist and housekeeping were friendly and happy and we had good food.

7 Thank Debbie N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
3.7 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Ottumwa
38.7 km away
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Mount Pleasant

Been to Super 8 Fairfield? Share your experiences!