“Good Place to Stay In Fairfield”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Fairfield

Super 8 Fairfield
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fairfield
Ohio
“Good Place to Stay In Fairfield”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the past few years and the staff have always been friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. I always check for bugs when I travel and the rooms have been bug free. What I like about this hotel is that it is pretty quiet, even if the hotel is full. I like that they seem to keep the continental breakfast open past hours, and if you check in late like I do they will offer you a donut or something to tide you over. I have never used the pool so I don't have any info on that. The wireless internet has worked well from every room I have used there. This is a Super 8 so you aren't getting a plush hotel room but the rooms are comfortable and the air conditioning/heat works well and isn't too noisy. The beds are comfortable. I wish the linens were a bit more substantial.

Two things I don't like about the hotel are physical - don't go here for any sort of view out of your wondows, and I also don't like having to lug my suitcase up a flight of stairs. These things aren't terrible by any stretch of the imagination but if you have any physical problems you need to request a 1st floor room.

I have also stayed at the Best Western in town and even though the rooms are a bit cozier there I prefer the Super 8 as you still have to lug your luggage in the Best Westernm and I do not like the smell in the Best Western. The Super 8 smells fresh and the Best Western has a stale, old smoke sort of smell..at least the last 2 times I stayed there it did.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank freshair3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We were suprised with the hotel. We called and were able to check in early. The lady at the front desk was nice. We traveled with our small dog and they had no issues with her staying. There is an extra 5 dollar charge for pets which is not bad. The room was clean nothing spectactular but your not at the Hilton. The air works great. Coffee pot in the room. I will say that it does need updated but I have seen worse. Not so much the rooms but the washer and dryers are out of order. It was quiet all night and the hotel was packed. The staff was nice and helpful in helping you find restaurants or something to do in town. I do think the price was a little high for a Super 8 but then again what options do you have in Fairfield. If I ever had to go back I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I arrived at 10PM and the service at front desk made me to feel home and I developed security confidence. When I got to the room, it was so neat and quite-smells good. In the morning (after a workup call), the breakfast was so nice-I feel home again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 12 July 2010

The room smelled horrible and was not clean at all. The walls where filthy and the beds where too hard. I stayed there a month ago and am pretty sure I got bed bugs from the room I was in. We stay in a lot of cheap hotels when my boyfriends band goes out of town and this is the worst by far, plus it was expensive for just a crappy hotel room.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank merchgirl

Travellers are raving about these Fairfield hotels

Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2010

No way. I pulled in, dead tired at midnight and just wanted to sleep. Told the desk clerk "Give me a room *away* from the kids drinking in your parking lot". She seemed unbothered by that, as she never went out to tell them to leave. Took her a LONG time to get me checked in. As I went to park, the kids were very noisy. I go to lug my bags up to the room, and out comes an under-age drunk kid. Then my key doesn't work, after carring my bags up a flight of stairs. As I'm trying my key over and over, doors were opening and closing, more drunk kids making racket. I immediately carried everything back to my vehicle, demanded a refund and left, heading to the Super 8 in Mt Pleasant, IA instead. (An older property, but dead quiet and clean)

I'll never stop here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Roadside_US
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
3.7 km away
38.8 km away
BEST WESTERN Mt. Pleasant Inn
BEST WESTERN Mt. Pleasant Inn
#2 of 5 in Mount Pleasant

Been to Super 8 Fairfield? Share your experiences!