See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2017

This is a place that is undergoing renovation. Picked because of the high rating and was sadly disappointed. The motel has outside entry to the rooms and our room faced north. As it was only in the 20s- 30s, it was more than slightly cold. The first room was nicely renovated with a newer heating system but unfortunately it did not live up to the name of heating. The second room did get warmer but was an older room where you met in the middle of the bed. The front desk staff was nice and accommodating when told how cold the first room was.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Need I say more. Every motel was booked in the city. Soccer tournaments weddings etc.

It smelt dirty. I had my young living essential oils with me so I sprinkled them on the bed so the room would smell better.

Took a shower and came out to find bed bugs crawling on the bed. Freaked outed and grappled the suit cases and went to the front desk and asked for a refund. Ended up sleeping in the truck that night.

Glad I had my oils or we would not have known until it was too late and would have taken them home with me.

The room was regularly $150 and they gave it to us for $115. What is this world coming too. Disgusting room at a high price. It was room 134.

Totally turned off of traveling

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank dardar38
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Pet friendly. Comfortable bed. Decent shower. Wi-Fi $2 extra. No breakfast. 88f and A-C didn't work. One bedside light didn't work. Hi Def TV, but it took half an hour just to figure out where even CBS, NBC ABC and Fox wee. No amenities like: shampoo, clock radio, 'fridge, microwave, hair drier. Extremely noisy; some woman was screaming just outside from 2230 hrr until almost 0400 hrr, then adjacent room had someone speaking at high volume before 0600 hrr. This motel is on a hill next to a busy road, so engine braking contributed to the loud cacophony. The grass was very nice for our dog. The staff was friendly. We would never stay here again, would rather sleep in our car. Worst value for cost.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Geezergourmand
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the inconveniences you experienced with the television channel line-up in the room and the lack of amenities during your recent stay. Please know the noise frequency you describe is an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the noise inconvenience you describe. We are glad to be able to provide Wi-Fi to our guests and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our policy. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. The service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I was very pleased with the help from the staff, particularly Phil & Alicia. Other front desk staff were helpful too, but I didn't get their first names. The room was adequate for the price. I had some difficulties with the wifi, that was one of the areas staff triedvto help with.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Everything else was booked in the city so... The room was relatively clean, except for a few bugs in the bathroom which granted it a higher than 1 star rating. The walls are paper thin and so all night you hear people talking outside, closing doors, and the nearby highway. That plus a crappy bed (with cigarette burns on the sheets) equals a bad night of sleep. There is also no wifi or shampoo or basically anything you would expect included. Easily the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room tip: Book elsewhere
Date of stay: October 2016