USD 146
USD 325
USD 162
HolidayInn.com
USD 62
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque(Dubuque)(Great Value!)
USD 66
USD 100
USD 212
USD 128
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfull size fridgeseparate bedroomsmall apartmentqueen bedbiscuits and gravywafflesthe air conditioningnon smokinggreat place to staystaff was friendlydishwasherkitchenettetelevisioncerealmotelkey
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday weekend. The problems started when we wanted to change the dates of our stay. We had an emergency come up and we wouldn't be able to get there till late Friday night. We wanted to change our reservations to Saturday through Tuesday instead of Friday through Monday. I called the hotel to try and change the days. The receptionist that answered the phone put me on hold. Their definition of hole is to keep the phone off the hook while they talk to someone else. I was on hold for 40 minutes. I could hear her talking to someone in the background. They were not talking about business stuff. I was extremely frustrated. I hung up and tried calling back a couple minutes later and it was busy. It was busy for another 20 minutes. So, if I would have stayed on the phone I would have been "on hold" for over an hour. When I eventually did get a hold of someone they told me I couldn't change my reservation or cancel because of how we had booked the room. They were not accommodating at all and they didn't even apologize for keeping me on hold for so long. The room was ok when we got there. The building needs a lot of updating. The paint is peeling off the walls. The carpeting is stained. The couch in our room was extremely uncomfortable. It was old. The couch cushions had absolutely no stuffing in them. The bed was ok. It wasn't very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the kitchenette was nice. There was a full sized fridge which was nice. Overall I would say the customer service needs a lot of work, the building needs a lot of updating, but the rooms are ok.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This place was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were amazingly spacious. With a clever kitchen counter design and full-size refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher! Full set of dishes, cookware, utensils. Free internet. Two TV's! VERY comfortable beds with soft fluffy pillows and plenty of them! They were generous with the towels. The suites have a separate bedroom and the living room is connected to the kitchen area. It feels like a small apartment. The breakfast was excellent. A big pot of hotmeal, sausage, biscuits and gravey, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and you can make your own waffles! Great options for breakfast. I have given MainStay a 5 because I will return again and will seek out other MainSTay suites to stay. The management and staff were congenial and very helpful. I am including two tips to MainStay to even make the place a bit better. #1) Make it a non-smoking building. There is no way to have a few suites smoking and not smell through the whole building. #2) Add Microsoft Office to your business center suite software for the ease of everyone who needs to use the computer and printer. Other than those two things, the place is a real WINNER! Stay here! One other thing: It is not MainStay's fault, but the City of Dubuque needs better engineering of their traffic flow. The entry to this motel is a bit tricky and if you go out to shop and try to return, you will need to drive past the motel and enter a high traffic area and make a U-turn to return. I tried several other alternative routes unsuccessfully, it seems the U-turn is the only option unfortunately.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from smoking area. I think they may be planning on changing the smoking option in the near future.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Everything was obviously cleaned well and the beds were extremely comfortable. The internet was flawless, the TV had more basic channels than I've ever seen in a hotel along with HBO, and the air conditioning was perfect. I made a lot of use of the kitchen and its full size refrigerator, too. The location is conveniently right off Highway 20 and right down the road from gas stations, restaurants, Target, and a 24 hour SuperWalmart. I'm not sure how many other guests there were, but I never heard them while I was in the room. Breakfast was pretty standard oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, waffle maker, biscuits and gravy. The only thing I'd improve on is that the room could use an upgrade (old stains on the carpet, caulk on the tub, etc...), but as I said, it was well cleaned. Oh, did I mention the laundry facility? Yeah, it has coin operated machines, too. I didn't use it, but I could see it coming in handy.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Breakfast was very good. Sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit etc. Bed was very comfortable. Liked the separate bedroom for sleeping. Everything was clean. Staff was friendly and efficient. Check in was quick and easy. Price was very reasonable. Only complaint is that the couch should be replaced and carpet should be cleaned.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Upon arriving at the hotel after 7pm, there was only one clerk at the front desk. She was assisting another guest, but kept having to walk away and make calls to a manager and check rooms, etc. It took me 35 minutes to get into my room, which was already prepaid.

The room itself was spacious and clean. And complimentary breakfast in the morning was average.

The worst part is that I got double charged and it has taken more than a week to get my money refunded.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo