All reviews hi express front desk turkey sausage hot cinnamon rolls pancake maker room was clean fine stay west side the breakfast area hot tub area restaurants business center yogurt bed and pillows room key fridge and microwave we've stayed
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

My two sons and I are traveling back to Chicago after visiting Wisconsin Dells. We left the Dells and drove through Minnesota and Iowa. We found an internet deal that totaled less than 85.00 which I felt was a great value.

The hotel staff was excellent especially the breakfast attendant who took great pride in her work. There were loads of food choices and everything was clean.

My son enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

Parking was convenient and the location was right off the highway.

The room was clean and stocked with a fridge and microwave. The bed was perfect and I got a great night sleep. The WiFi and cable were excellent and I felt like we received a great value! ❤️❤️❤️

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Lynette M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review! We love our guests and we love when we get great feedback from our guests too! Thank you for your business, we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Lynette
General Manger

Reviewed 26 June 2018

On my travels I stopped in Dubuque at the holiday inn overnight there was very good parking and from the outside looked like all the other holiday inns I've stopped at .
On entering the front desk staff were very friendly and dealt with all my questions confidently ,when I opened the door to my room I was amazed at the standard I thought they had given me the wrong room it was like 5* plus everything was immaculate and as a bonus the internet was free.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The hotel is nice enough but the staff is really poor. I stay mostly at IHG properties, however I doubt I would stay again here. During the stay the staff was just there, not helpful, not cheerful just people in positions obviously they don't like. This was IHG rewards night for us and I noticed I received a charge on my Credit Card on file. I asked the front desk clerk and without even looking at my folio, ensured me it would not be charged and it was an authorization. I left and a few days later, the charge appeared as going through. i called the hotel and they said they would reverse it. A few days later, they did not. i had to dispute my charge through the credit card company. A complete hassle. The Holiday Inn downtown Dubuque is much better with excellent staff. Stay there instead.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed one night after wandering around on the Great River Road. We called as we were on the road and Emma got us our reservation. While we were checking in my wife noticed that the charge was for $20 more that what we were quoted. We were told that there is an incidental charge which is refunded three days after checking out. Why do they do that. They already have my credit card information should there be a problem that is found after I have left. Breakfast was okay, but not well stocked (no pork sausage, no donuts) at 8:30A on a Sunday morning. The room's ceiling needs some attention as it looks as if it is about to fall down on the bed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I travel the whole State of Iowa and have stayed one other time at this hotel. This stay was really awful. I was checked in by Julie and Randy. They had originally put me in a first floor room which i do not like. I asked several times why she could not change it. She very rudely said they were full. She was so unprofessional it stunned me. She told me they strive for 5 star rating yet she was rude to me and Randy (co-worker). Then when I went in to the first floor room it smelled of fresh paint. So I went back to the front desk and Randy stated he would take a look at the room. Sure enough he deduced that the room smelled of paint then stated that even though he was incompetent he could maybe find me a room at the other holiday inn downtown. Julie ended up calling her supervisor Ian (pronounced e-in). He walked Julie through the process the whole while she was banging on the keys and mumbling. The following day I told the manager of the difficult time I had and he just looked at me and did not offer one thing to make amends. I will never stay there again. The hotel is looking really tough too. Windows dirty, blinds dusty, bathrooms showing wear and tear, and carpet looking not so great.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business