All reviews room was clean extra pillows wear and tear hot items meeting room upon check nice hotel king room would stay again staff was friendly hot breakfast hot tub applebees inns motel ia
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We booked a room through an online site after reading the reviews. When we arrived at 730 there were 3 other vehicles in the lot, which should have been a sign. We checked in and when we opened the door to the room, the lights were on and the bed was not made. We closed the door, and went back to the desk. The staff member apologized and gave us another room after looking for about 5 minutes. Remember 3 cars in the lot..
We went to the 2nd room and it looked okay. The wife said the bed looked odd and pulled back the comforter. There were yellow stains on the sheets on each side of the bed. We headed back to the desk, talked with the clerk and told her we wanted to cancel and were not paying. She said she would get the manager who also owned the hotel across the street. 10 minutes later he comes in hears the story apologizes and said that he would cancel the reservation and we would have to deal with online reservation company to get the charges stopped. The online were less than helpful, and and would not return emails or calls. I check my card and the hotel charged my account. When calling the hotel the manager is never in and again no return calls. I truly believe some of the reviews can not be real. The facility is in poor condition and the carpet in the public areas is filthy. Good luck.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotelGroup, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Dubuque, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfying due to the cleanliness of your bed, the charges on your account and the condition of the facility at that time. Our team is working hard to make sure that our guests are comfortable and are receiving our best service. Your review is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the hotel management to ensure that situations like this won't happen again. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and deliver a seamless experience on your next stay.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We received the room free by using points - so for the value it was okay. Albeit, even if offered a free room , I would not stay here again. When we arrived, there was a dead bird right outside the hotel entrance - we told the staff about it and two days later when we left, it was still there. The room itself needed work. The window sills had moss growing in them and the bathroom ceiling was in need of repair. The water in the pool was very cloudy and looked dirty. We reported this to the manager, but that evening people were swimming in it and the water looked really bad.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Dubuque, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Debra S,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. I assure you that the pool is cleaned on a regular basis, including weekly special treatment and I want to apologize for the temporarily cloudy state in which you found it. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Cliff Notes version: Don’t stay here! Dirty, musty, gross rooms. Not Radisson quality, as other reviews noted....it was so bad, I left shortly after an hour of being in the room, and moved to a different, major brand chain in town....

Detailed version: Even though my profile on the hotel chain website indicates “no feather pillows, pls, due to allergy”, 5 of the 6 pillows in the hotel room were feather. Tried calling front desk (to get them to replace the pillows), with the phone in the hotel room on the nightstand. Busy signal. Tried again. Busy signal. Called hotel from my cell phone. Rang and rang and rang until the call is cancelled (not by me, must be phone system after x number of rings, it just stopped the phone call).

Frustrated, I gathered the 5 pillows and brought them downstairs to the front desk. Gave them to the clerk and explained my hotel account profile and my allergy. Asked for non feather pillows. About 10 min later, pillows were delivered to my room. I checked all the tags on the pillows (under the pillow cases) once I put the pillows on the bed. They are all feather. Omg. Walked downstairs AGAIN, this time I didn’t bother bringing the pillows downstairs. They can come get them. Explained again my allergy and asked for non feather pillows. The clerk (different guy this time) kind of chuckled. I wish it was a funny allergy, but it’s not. I’ve ended up in the ER with severe breathing issues due to things like feather pillows. Told the clerk I don’t need an ER visit tonight because of the pillows. Maybe then it was understood that I’m not trying to be a pain. This is truly and allergy and not just a “preference”.

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for hotels to make feather and non feather pillows look different. Can’t they do a different color pillow cover or something, for those like me with allergies?? I do bring a small pillow of my own, but sometimes when I’m traveling by air and not car, I don’t always have room to bring even the travel size. I did have my tiny, travel sized pillow with me, but that’s besides the point. When you are paying over a hundred dollars to stay in a room for the night, it’s not too much to ask that they honor feather-free bedding requests.

This whole debacle meant that I wasn’t able to go to bed for AN HOUR (tracked it on my cell phone) while they searched for pillows for me. After a 3+ hour drive to the hotel in the dark and rain, on winding roads that don’t have street lights or decent paint strips or lane markers, it’s exhausting to arrive after 9:30 pm and then need to wait for pillows so I can go to bed. Ugh.

The room also had a funky, musty type smell. Humid and gross feel in the room. Large, visible stains on the carpet. After waiting literally an hour for non-feather pillows, I moved hotels. Stayed instead at a major hotel brand near the mall. Before I left Country Inn though, as I went back to the front desk to check out, front desk was finally bringing different pillows to the room. But looking at them, how they had no “shape” to it (unlike non-feather pillows that keep their “shape” no matter where you hold them), and seeing how as the clerk showed me one of the pillows, you could see the lack of shape (typical of a feather pillow that is very thin when you hold one corner of the pillow and let the rest of the pillow hang down...the feathers all move toward the bottom of the pillow, and there is no thickness at all where you are holding the pillow nor the top half of it)....I could tell the staff were just rounding up different pillows and not thoroughly checking them (the tag) to ensure they were non feather. They completely wasted my time and frankly, ticked me off with their nonchalant attitude about a guest’s allergy.

This Country Inn is not a hotel worth staying at. Horrible service and horrible quality.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
RadissonHotelGroup, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Dubuque, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review. We understand where your frustration is coming from. It is of our best interest to make sure that you are well taken care of during your stay. The experience that you had with the pillow is quite surprising, the cleanliness of your room as well as how the staff took care of your concerns at that time. I know it would have been a great convenience to be able to settle-in right away with your special request due to allergy after a long drive. Please know that these comments have been shared with the hotel and we are working on these opportunities to meet your expectations. We are sincerely sorry for all the inconveniences that you have experienced. We hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance to provide you an experience that is truly excellent in all aspects.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 August 2018

When we checked in, I was greeted by a staff member wearing a shirt with stains and holes. Hotel is EXTREMELY dated and in some serious need of upgrading. Room smelled musty, and there was mold growing on the tiles in the corners as well as the ceiling...that would mean their ventilation system is not working and/or needs a good cleaning. Decor, furniture, and overall room need updating to more modern finishes. We took kids to the pool area and while the pool seemed alright, the hot tub looked dirty on the seats. We couldn't tell if it was the paint peeling up or sheer dirt. Breakfast was alright, nothing special, but the lady in charge of that service was pleasant and friendly. We would not stay here again, and it makes us not want to stay at other Country Inn & Suites. Nothing "suite" about this place!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
RadissonHotelGroup, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Dubuque, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy to know that you were pleased with the service you received from our hotel staff. However, we are sorry to hear that your experience was anything less than satisfying due to the multiple concerns that you encountered particularly the cleanliness and hotel condition including the accommodation of your room that time. Please know that we are striving to keep good quality of service in all aspects which is indicative to our standards and these have been shared to our management for further improvements. We hope for another opportunity to make a more favorable impression in the future.