Days Inn by Wyndham des Moines Merle Hay
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 238/night.

USD 121
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 143/night.

USD 111
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 133/night.

USD 144
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 190/night.

USD 101
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 116/night.

USD 133
USD 125
Agoda.com
USD 71
USD 66
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 78/night.

Cozy Rest Motel(Des Moines)
USD 71
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesbudget hoteleasy accessstaff was friendlypool and hot tubno elevatornice staymicrowave
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I had prepaid through AAA for 3 adults but at check-in was informed the info they had from AAA said 2 adults, so there would be an extra $10 charge. I presented my printout proving my reservation and price, they did not care. VERY RUDE. Our air conditioner did not work, 90 degrees and humid out, so they gave me a fan. WORST OF ALL there is a "Lounge" attached to the hotel that plays LOUD music until 2 am. Could not sleep. When I complained about the noise staff said this was in the hotel literature, too bad. Missed the free breakfast because it closes at 9am and we didn't get to sleep until after 2am. At checkout I was given a $20 refund because of the airconditioner which they said was working fine when I checked in. They also admitted that they have had this problem with AAA and other booking agents for years-I think they are just a huge FRAUD. DO NOT STAY HERE. Plenty of other places in Des Moines.

15  Thank annhend4
Reviewed 23 August 2010

$10 per child, staff is EXTREMELY rude, will never stay at a DAYS INN again if this is any representation. Management on down treated everyone the same, we met noone there who had a good experience.

16  Thank BigD38400
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We traveled with young children. Every staffer we encountered was friendly and efficient. Our first room did not smell good, almost like animal urine, so we asked for a different room. It too smelled the same, so we kept it assuming it was either the air conditioning units or a cleaner they use. The room, lobby and pool area were all very neat and clean. The free continental breakfast was plenty for our family. We would stay again, if there had been no smell.

Reviewed 1 August 2010

i recently had some work done on my apartment, and needed a motel that allowed cats. the price was reasonable for one person and a pet. the motel staff was very friendly and courtious. the rooms were very clean, and quiet, with a microwave, refrigerator, hair drier and coffee pot. there were plenty of restaurant within walking distance.if i ever need to go to motel again with my cat i would definaly stay at this motel again. i was very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 24 July 2010

My ratings are based on the fact that this is a budget hotel, for sure, however, for the type of property that it is, it's a decent place to stay. I am mid-way through a three week trip for work, staying at a different budget hotel nightly, so I have stayed at my share of Days Inn over the past week. This one is clean, with large rooms, a working mini-fridge (that was actually quite large) and a waffle maker that made fluffy, crispy waffles (that didn't stick to the machine, like so many others I've experienced). There's a washer and dryer on site that can be used at any hour which was quite a convenience for the kind of long road trip I am on. The Bennigans across the street had a Wednesday night classic car show, and I happened to be there on a Wednesday, so I enjoyed the convenient, free entertainment. The only negative aspect of my stay was the shortage of towels. I requested three extra bath towels and was offered one bath towel and two (old and scratchy) pool towels. Towels aside, the shower was great, the room was comfortable and my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business