“Quiet cafe - Good panini”
Review of Mars Cafe

Mars Cafe
Ranked #12 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Des Moines
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 June 2017

While taking a break from visiting my Dad at Mercy Hospital, we stumbled on this coffee house. Luckily they had a nice selection of sandwiches. I enjoyed a turkey blt that was fresh and some delicious peach iced tea. Others were playing games, working on computer, etc. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Good people, average coffee, not my ideal layout inside. Service is typically slow, the prices aren't great, but it's a good meeting spot.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I had a pour over coffee and it was excellent. One person working so don't expect to be in a hurry. Went back the next day.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

In between appts at Drake and needed a good latta vs the Starbucks on campus. A very short walk for a great drink. Very friendly help who also told us about other good coffee house in Des Moines.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Made my fourth visit in about 2 years here last Friday early morning. Great coffee, and the owner obviously takes pride in the quality of the place - very engaging. Convenience found me at a "trendier" place downtown the morning before (Java Joe's - blaring music at 6:30 a.m. and don't ask for pour over!), but since I was heading out of town Friday morning I backtracked back to the Drake area just to get good coffee at Mars. Figured I should finally submit a review since I akways seem to go out of my way to get here and regret it when I don't! Oh, breakfast sandwich very good as well.