“Very good meal - very comfortable atmosphere”
Review of Tappas Steak House

Tappas Steak House
Ranked #68 of 331 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Met friends at this restaurant. The server was very efficient and friendly. The meal was excellent! Everything was as expected- salads were very fresh- meat cooked as ordered. Hash browns are awesome!

1  Thank Chris9767

Reviewed 31 October 2017

My wife and I heard about this restaurant since we moved to the QC. We overlooked the run down appearance of the place since we think the quality of the food means more than ambiance. Given that, our filets were prepared well and tasted good. The sides were just a selection of potatoes and a generic salad; nothing to write home about. The service was very good. Prices were on par with other steak places. Kind of out of way too. Overall I would say the experience was average with the qulaity of the filets a bit above average. Doubt if I go again unless someone is footing the bill.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first trip to Tappas. I'd heard about it for a few years. Driving by I never thought I'd go there because frankly from the outside it looks like a dive. Upon entering it still looked like a dive. The men's room was in need of serious work and more than a cleaning was needed. The staff was friendly and efficient. The food I ordered was the daily special, pork tenderloin sandwich, unbreaded. It was a good portion and hot. It tasted good. No issue with the food. Overall I might return but likely not. My friend got the other daily special, pulled pork BBQ. He said it was not good.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I like to find a unique and very good restaurant in a part of town that is not normally where you would find a successful restaurant. I always am looking for a good steak and this place has them. It is a little expensive, especially in this part of town, but I will always pay more for a good steak, they are hard to find. We are sometimes here for lunch, I like to get their very good burger, just a simple one is good enough for me. They also have other good sandwiches and we like their sides, most days they have hash browns, my favorite (even more unhealthy if you get cheese on them). Also for lunch or dinner their chopped steak is very good. With the popular nationwide steak chains running roughshod over small local steak houses like this, I am always glad to see one remain successful. I will always pay a couple bucks more for a great steak dinner like this. We always have good service for lunch, at dinner they can get busy, service is still good, but expect to wait a little more on their busy nights.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Just ate supper there a bit ago, I had a sirloin with onions and mushrooms, baked sweet tater and a salad. Wife had fried shrimp, sweet tater and both were served with texas toast. Awesome meal in a small place with excellent service. Not too crowded on a crappy Monday night at 620p.

1  Thank henshaw52658

Been to Tappas Steak House? Share your experiences!