“Lunch”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first trip to Tappas. I'd heard about it for a few years. Driving by I never thought I'd go there because frankly from the outside it looks like a dive. Upon entering it still looked like a dive. The men's room was in need of serious work and more than a cleaning was needed. The staff was friendly and efficient. The food I ordered was the daily special, pork tenderloin sandwich, unbreaded. It was a good portion and hot. It tasted good. No issue with the food. Overall I might return but likely not. My friend got the other daily special, pulled pork BBQ. He said it was not good.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I like to find a unique and very good restaurant in a part of town that is not normally where you would find a successful restaurant. I always am looking for a good steak and this place has them. It is a little expensive, especially in this part of town, but I will always pay more for a good steak, they are hard to find. We are sometimes here for lunch, I like to get their very good burger, just a simple one is good enough for me. They also have other good sandwiches and we like their sides, most days they have hash browns, my favorite (even more unhealthy if you get cheese on them). Also for lunch or dinner their chopped steak is very good. With the popular nationwide steak chains running roughshod over small local steak houses like this, I am always glad to see one remain successful. I will always pay a couple bucks more for a great steak dinner like this. We always have good service for lunch, at dinner they can get busy, service is still good, but expect to wait a little more on their busy nights.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Just ate supper there a bit ago, I had a sirloin with onions and mushrooms, baked sweet tater and a salad. Wife had fried shrimp, sweet tater and both were served with texas toast. Awesome meal in a small place with excellent service. Not too crowded on a crappy Monday night at 620p.

1  Thank henshaw52658
Reviewed 29 December 2016

An off the beaten path joint. Food is just ok, priced above the going market. If your interested in a neighborhood spot with out much charm this may be your spot. Steaks are overpriced for the quality of food.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

They do a great job with a steak, the pricing is good midrange, and the portions are large. It is a little tight for seating, so not the best place for a large group, but for family or friend dining, it is a good place. The parking lot is always full, and it is nice to see a restaurant that is sticking in the west end of Davenport. Fortunately, it seems a few are sticking around again after a few years with almost all of the Rockingham stops closed. I like to make a stop here when I have time and am in town for a day.

Been to Tappas Steak House? Share your experiences!