“Its a Steak Place, order steak!”
Review of Tappas Steak House

Tappas Steak House
Ranked #69 of 317 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2016

We have been here several times, but this was the first visit in a couple years. The steaks were as good as I remembered. My Filet was cooked to a perfect medium rare and was top notch. Others in our party had the sirloin and the chopped steak, and both gave rave reviews. One person went with a burger, and was also very pleased. The only miscue was the chicken salad, which was turned out to be cut up breaded chicken on top of lettuce... disappointing. Stick with the beef options, and you won't go wrong.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

Honestly, I travel some, and our steak dinner here was among the best I've ever had! WARNING: This is a "neighborhood joint." If you're okay with that, put on a pair of jeans, order a cold beer, and enjoy one of the best steakhouse meals possible. As to side-dishes, order their hash-browns... Oh, and "Cid" (Cindy) is one of the staffers there who has worked there 30+ years. She'll take good care of you, but bring your sense of humor, okay?

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This is definitely a case of not judging a book by its cover.... the building from the outside looks rough, but the service and food inside are the true testament to this steak house. The steak is cooked perfectly and is amazingly tender. Ask for butter garlic to dip it in! This is by far the best steak house in the Quad Cities.

1  Thank Shawna F
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Went with a friend on a Friday evening about 5:40pm. Had mixed emotions after reading all kinds of reviews on what to expect. There were only two other parties in the restaurant. For a Friday I thought they would be busier. Got immediate service when we opened the door, because later watched as they take turns looking out the front picture window watching the parking lot. The waitresses line up in the rear by soup warmers and one takes her shot at what comes in and is right at that door when you open it. It almost startles you when you open the door to have somebody 2 foot in front of your face. So got a table, got drinks ordered. I had decided on the ribeye and you are allowed one potato side. A small dinner salad would be an extra $ 2.50. Well, I didn't realize the hash browns that I see raves about were extra cost but I wanted to try them anyway. The waitress talked both of us into loading them with onion, green peppers, and cheese. Little did I know that meant a slice of cheddar set on top the hash browns while they grilled. I almost giggled when she set my plate in front of me. I was expecting the gooey melted cheddar cheese sauce like nachos. For the upcharge for loaded hash browns for the two of us at $ 9.00 I thought they would be a little something more fabulous. I mean those hash browns could not have cost them more than $ .75 to make per serving. I will say the ribeye was cooked perfectly at medium and seasoned so well there was no use for any steak sauce whatsoever. Rarely do I eat a steak that I don't use A-1 or Heinz 57. Excellent!!! The waitress was on top of refills and friendly as could be. There is a family type feel to the place but all the patrons that were seated after us were retired and older than 70 years old. There were walkers and canes sitting around and I wondered if they got any busier on a Friday than this? Only 5 tables of guests when we left. And what is going to happen when all those regulars finally die off? I did not see but only one couple that appeared under 40 years old. The decor is "tired, old bar style" with drop cords hanging, neon glow boards with specials written on them, oil cloth checkered tablecloths like at a church picnic, and hokey, lighted, ceramic Halloween pumpkins sitting on the bar. I doubt I will be back after paying my $ 73 bill for two meals. That's just too much for what that place is.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We not here for lunch, the restraint looked run down. There was a bug in the glass of water and I asked the waitress for a replacement. Bugs were flying around inside mosquito and a fly. The food was average, not really that great. I'll never go back there again.

1  Thank Michael R

Been to Tappas Steak House? Share your experiences!