“Great stay, recommended”

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Shelburn, Indiana
“Great stay, recommended”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Although it can be a little tricky to get to, don't let this deter you! It is conveniently located next to a Cracker Barrel with ample parking for vehicles with trailers. We arrived late but the clerk was very helpful and friendly. The room was quite spacious and clean and once we hit the beds we didn't think we would ever leave. It was a very quiet hotel which was definitely welcomed, we never heard a sound either from outside the hotel or inside from other guests. We awoke refreshed but sad we could not take the beds with us.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ontheroaddrifting

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Truchas, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 August 2011

friendly helpful desk staff. Comfy bed. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011
Ames, IA
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I and my wife stayed in Room 316 on July 28. In general, I found that room to be very nice and spacious. It is clean, and it faced the southern parking lot where we could keep a watch on our vehicle.

My main problem is the surprise we received when we checked in. I had called the day before and received a quote of $55 on the phone, which was about a dollar less than the Expedia rate. So I went ahead and booked it.

When I arrived, however, I was told that the price was $75, and only my insistence got the price down to $65. I also asked the receptionist to check the Expedia website to confirm whether that price was at least closer to what I was quoted even if she did not give me that rate, but she said she could not access the Expedia website.

So, my lesson is to insist that an e-mail confirmation be sent even when I make arrangements over the phone. Take a printed copy of that e-mail to avoid a similar situation.

Once that was resolved, however, I saw that even $75 was a fair price for that room, and the staff was nice enough.

But to me it was the principle of paying what I was quoted that mattered a bit more.

Room Tip: Make sure you take a printed confirmation of the price they quoted you.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elosofamoso
Watson, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The place was clean. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good with plently of seats. Our room was on the back side and you could hear a faint noise of interstate 80. But we were tired and that didn't bother us. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Fort Hall, Id
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Was a wonderful place to stay. We haul Rv's and need a place to park. Was easy to find, easy in and out of with our truck and Trailers. Room was really CLEAN. Was quiet. Very Friendly and helpful staff. The room smelled great when you walked in. Had and elevator to use. That is a plus. They have a book of places that will deliver food to your room. Pets can stay too.We will put it on our list of places to stay.

Room Tip: King bed non smoking, great room. Desk, couch, chairs.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business