See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Over Labor Day weekend I stayed at the NICE NEW HOTEL it was a beautiful Hotel and Great room.. the staff working there were Good people... I will be staying there again that’s for sure!! So if your ever in Davenport IA this place I recommend you will be happy with your stay!!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KellyM7296, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Davenport, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hello Jake!
Thank you very much for your wonderful review!
I am so pleased to hear that you found our New Hotel a great place to stay while in Davenport and that you will be back!
Welcome to the My Place Family!
Thank you again Jack and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

My mentally disabled brother was flooded out of his apartment and we were able to book here for 2 weeks. GREAT room, when I asked for some plastic silverware and a paper bowl they were happy to accommodate. The staff has been very kind to my brother. He's lonely and comes down for free coffee frequently and they do talk to him. They don't have a free breakfast but they do have a small shop that sells all sorts of prepackaged food. Even better they have an assortment of fresh fruit for sale too. GREAT value for the price.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Kelly M, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Davenport, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hello Kris!
Thank you very much for your review. We LOVE your Brother! He is so nice and a pleasure to have with us.
I am so pleased to hear that you are happy with you stay at our Hotel.
Thank you again Kris and have a great day!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I do have to say that when I signed in to leave my reviews for my visit to the great city of Davenport and all the awesome places I visited I was very surprised to see the previous review from Mr. Kenny as I am the gentleman that walked passed you as you were laying on the ground outside the hotel. I went in and told the girl at the desk, whom I later found out was the manager, that there was a drunk man laying on the ground outside. She apologized that I had to see that and assured me she would take care of the situation. I came down a little while later to see if everything was ok only to hear this man yelling about he needs her employee ID number. I stood around the corner to make sure that the girl was going to be ok as this man went off on this poor girl. I must say though, she was more professional then I would have been. Once he went back outside I aske her if she was ok and she told me she would be fine. After some time, as I was not able to sleep now, I did see that the police were called on this man and I am happy that the situation was taken care of. As for my stay at this new hotel I can say that it is very nice and clean, the staff, along with the manager were all very please thank and gracious each time I talked with them. They do not have breakfast which was a little bit of a disappointment but other than that this is a great hotel to say at when your in Davenport.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kelly M, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Davenport, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Hi Jacob!
Thank you very much for your great review. I cannot apologize enough for what you had to encounter with Mr. Kenny on your visit to our hotel. I very much appreciate your kind words and that you were there to check on me that night as well!
I can assure you that is not a normal occurrence for our Hotel nor is it something we want to be know for.

Thank you again Jacob and I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I have never in my life scored a hotel this low. I have traveled multiple times so take this review to heart.

The building.... gorgeous. The employees.... amazing. The manager, Kelly Martin. She is an absolute lunatic.

I stayed here and on my last night I went out with my work team before flying home the next day. When I return to the hotel I decided to smoke a cigarette outside the entrance. Upon finishing my cigarette, I have Kelly come out and tell me that I was causing a disturbance and that she has paying customers and loitering was not permitted. I was shocked from her statement because since returning I did nothing but sit in silence and enjoyed my cigarette before bed. I had to argue with her to prove that I was in fact a guest there and that I’ve been there for almost a week. She then went to say that she would call the police if I did not return to my room.

To deflect from the confrontation, I returned to my room. When I did get to my room I realized that I was almost out of cigarettes and got an Uber to the gas station. On my return, I decided to purchase some food from the hotel and she was not at the front desk. After waiting a few minutes I figured I’d just go to my room and report the purchase in the morning as she was not at the front desk.

As I was walking down the hall, I hear her shouting from the other end of the building, “Are you gonna pay for that?” I then proceeded to inform her “Yes, I wanted to charge them to my room, but you weren’t at the front desk.”

She then demanded me to come to the front desk which I did. She threaten to file theft charges for 2 bags of Cheetos. The situation escalated as I pointed out her lack of customer care and service as I was a paying customer. She then went ahead and called the police on myself saying that I was irate and causing complications for the other guest.

When the police arrived I was asked to leave and I decided to last minute stay at the Econo Lodge after gathering my things. The local police department explained the situation to Econo Lodge assuring the insanity of this manager. I had a free nights stay and enjoyed an impeccable breakfast.

Kelly Martin is a delusional tyrant who picks fights with paying customers at an establishment where someone put trust in her to operate. Out of the many hotels/motels I stayed at this was by far the biggest disappointment. Her bumptious/egotistical attitude is a negative energy on the employees and the guest and she is not fit in any way, shape, or form to manage a hospitality business. I apologize to the staff about this rating as it does not reflect on you efforts. You did an amazing job but your current manager is unqualified for her position and perpetually ignorant.

3  Thank devinrobertkenny

Hello Mr. Kenny
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit with us.
We have many guest that stay in our wonderful hotel. Having each of my guest be able to have a comfortable and relaxing stay is very important to us and we take the safety and security of all of our guest very seriously.
Thank you again Mr. Kenny and I wish you luck in all of your endeavors.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Very good place. Still very new. Check in and check out was very easy. Standard size room with a queen bed and recliner. Air conditioner work great on a very hot weekend in Davenport. Plenty of parking. Near many restaurants and IMAX movie theater. Close to Rhythm casino and I-74

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kelly M, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Davenport, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hello!
thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel!
I am so please to see that you enjoyed your visit with us and I am glad you could get out of the
heat we had and enjoy your comfortable room!
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!