All reviews rooftop bar two bedroom suite complimentary valet parking heated toilet downtown davenport beautiful old building modern bathroom plush robes great boutique tall ceilings sister hotel regular king room fabulous hotel cookie cutter overlooking the mississippi river farmers market huge shower
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Loved it Megan and Sammy and Eduardo and Cale and Shangrala rock. The drinks, food, fun were good cheer. I had the best time due to your awesome staff. They were so cool and my guests also enjoyed the night

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JebbyStuart
Anthony J, General Manager at The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your note and for taking the time to acknowledge a few of the associates at The Current Iowa. It is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Awesome hotel! Completely unexpected for a visit to Iowa. However, I went up to the rooftop bar and they are serving Stag’s Leap.... in plastic. Coming from Washington, where bars of all walks are present, serving wine in plastic is immature. Everything was going so well guys. MYbe next time I will be wowed????

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

While waiting for the valet to give us our ticket, 2 employees was talking outside. The one employee was very upset and the other was attempting to try and calm him down. The black employee was upset about being called, and I quote “N-word”! He explained how another employee called him that terrible, terrible word. The employee explained how he was hurt, and very upset because the accuser only had to apologize! Why wasn’t someone suspended or fired?! Is this the kind of racist and ludicrous behavior that goes on at a luxury hotel? This was my 2nd time staying, style and fashion is spot on. Lillian at the front desk was amazing and friendly for both visits. I regret to review like this, but being a black male and hearing this....made me not want to visit again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank JamalSmithandCo1978
Jacob H, VP of Operations at The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hello JamalSmithandCo1978,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your experience. I apologize that your stay did not meet your or our expectations. We celebrate our hotel's diversity and do not tolerate this sort of behavior. We will use your review to dive deeper in employee sensitivity and team work so that we can continue to focus our energy on creating great guest experiences.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Staying at this hotel now. Beautiful old building and nice room. Here for my wife’s birthday. Went up to rooftop bar - nice view. Sitting inside due to heat and ordered 2 glasses of wine. Served in cloudy plastic glasses! We asked about nicer (glass) wine glasses and were told “this is what we use”. Were told we could go downstairs and get real wine glasses and bring them back up! Are you kidding me! Won’t be our choice here next time. The Blackhawk is nicer and just as friendly for the same price.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darrell R
Anthony J, General Manager at The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hello Darrell,

Thank you for your message. Since we do have the skybar deck open in the warmer months we only use plastic glasses due to glass breaking on the outside tile deck as this would be a safety hazzard. When the colder months set in and we close the outside portion of the skybar then we do switch to glass containers. I am sorry for the less than favorable experience you had.

Warm regards,
Anthony

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Some sort of an incident was going on in the parking lot,I was on the sidewalk smoking a cigarette. A man in a suit jacket and what looked to be slippers was talking loudly to a bigger staff member on the sidewalk. Something about an employee parked in a spot they shouldn’t have from what the bigger staff member said. The older staff member was rude and TOLD the other bigger fella to not argue and to listen to what he says. That man was very condescending and rude to his staff. I will not recommend the place since that was my 1st visit. My wife and I stayed staurday the 18th and left on the 19th morning. I’m a logistics supervisor that travels, I would never talk to my staff that way, let alone at the front doors of the hotel. Very unprofessional!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank M_jones1958
Anthony J, General Manager at The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Mr. Jones,

We appreciate your concern and rest assured your comments will be shared with all involved in this unfortunate situation so that it will never happen again. This will also be used as a training tool moving forward.