“Mad Ox Bakery”
Review of Mad Ox Bakery

Mad Ox Bakery
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Council Bluffs
Reviewed 3 February 2017

Excellent baked goods, including donuts, fried croissants (Tuesday and Friday) and breads. Simple lunch specials are offered daily along with soup. Friendly staff who are more than willing to suggest a pastry. Can order cakes and other items from the bakery--all which are excellent!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I have seen this place for a few years now and every time I'm in town I think about going. I read the reviews on Trip advisor and decided to give it a try. I am amazed that this place is #18 on places to eat in Council Bluffs! It was so delicious! Everything was so great about this place from the neat atmosphere to the friendly employees to the super fresh baked goods! It's delicious all the way around! I got a few cake doughnuts and a breakfast pastry. Everything was so fresh, you could taste that it was all home made. I was a little skeptical about the pre made breakfast pastries but she popped it in the microwave and on my way home my whole car smelled delicious, I couldn't wait to get home and try it all! HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place! It is so worth every penny, which the prices really aren't bad at all!

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

I love Mad Ox Bakery! My kids beg me to pick up cinnamon rolls every time we are close. They are absolutely delicious!

Reviewed 3 October 2016

On a whim I stopped into the Mad Ox as I was searching for a coffee shop. They had such a large variety that I had a hard time choosing just one item. Out of all the things I picked up, the breakfast sandwich (croissant like) pastry was the best. I did get a bag of chex mix to take with me as well. It was very good...I should have gotten the puppy chow, too, but I thought it would make a mess in the car! Darn! I would definitely recommend stopping by for breakfast! The place had a quaintness about it as well...would love this place to be closer to home! :-)

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

The absolute best, fresh, warm, gourmet cake donuts you have ever eaten. Slightly crispy on the outside, warm, tender and moist on the inside. And not just the standard flavors. I had caramel bourbon pecan yesterday, red velvet is a regular offering, and who knows what they'll come up with next week.
To be honest, some of their other offerings are a bit over priced (for Council Bluffs). The stuffed lunch croissant should have more filling at that price point, for example.
This cool, colorful, comic-book themed bakery has seating and tables, serves beverages and has games available for patrons. The bakery is fully visible to the patrons, so you can watch the bakers work and you can feel comfortable with the cleanliness of the food prep area.