Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29
Western Inn(Council Bluffs)
USD 97*
USD 97*
Agoda.com
Harrah's Council Bluffs(Council Bluffs)
USD 120*
USD 110*
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsameristar casinoriver viewnice holidaymissouri riverroom was cleannice hotelwafflesinclement weatherold marketan upgradefree breakfastthe check in processbiscuits gravylobby areaomaha zoosports barroad trip
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I understand that renovations need to happen, but they were drilling on the wall that was beside my t.v.. I literally jumped 3 times when they would start up. The banging of the 2 doors was annoying, plus having the boxes & garbage right outside my room door. Just a thought....maybe a complete floor/wing should be under renos at one time. I also noticed that while they were working on the rooms with dry wall dust going everywhere that the mattresses were not covered up & had all kinds of tools and stuff on them. I hope for the next customers that enter a nicely renovated room that maybe they won’t HAVE to think about the mattress & what it went through....UNLESS IHG plans on also replacing them too! The shuttle was nice to have available. Other than the casino there is nothing else to do or even walk to.

Stayed: March 2018
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Nancy R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience from your visit with me! I sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests both about what we have done well as well as what we can do better the next time around! I am very sorry for the renovation issues you had mentioned. I agree that we need to do better to ensure the comfort of all of our guests during this very hectic time. I will meet with my renovation team today and make sure that we are keeping these types of disruptions to a minimum. I am happy to report that we are indeed replacing all mattresses throughout the hotel which we are hoping will provide all our future guests with a wonderful night's sleep! Thank you for sharing such valuable feedback with me and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with good views and breakfast. Conveniently located near Omaha and casinos. Rooms are nice and staff were attentive and caring. Have stayed here prior and will stay again. Good for families too.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Russ C,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your visit with the entire TripAdvisor community! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Return guests are very important for a hotel and it is great to know that you have stayed with us before and would choose to spend your time here with us again! We know how important it is to make our guests feel at home and it is wonderful to know that we were able to do just that! I will make sure that I share your feedback with our staff and let them know what an outstanding job they have done for you. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This property is looking a little rough around the edges. The elevator looks like it's been through a war. And once we got to the room, it didn't seem far behind. All the signs of an older hotel: peeling paint and wall paper, chipped tiles and leaking faucet in the bathroom. The door to the room was actually a fire hazard! There were times we couldn't get out because it was jammed and times we couldn't enter as well! NOT SAFE. This need to be addressed immediately (#465).

That said- the staff here are great!! All of our needs were met quickly and with a smile. Kudos to the front desk. Thanks Rita for all your help with my forgotten items in the room.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Dear lnktvlr,

Thank you for taking the time to share such valuable feedback from your visit with me! I sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests both about what we have done well as well as where we can improve for all of our guests in the future. I am very sorry for each of the issues you have mentioned with your guest room as well as with our elevator. We know how important it is to provide our guests with a comfortable environment and I am very sorry that we did not do that for you. I have placed your room out of service until each of the issues you have mentioned are corrected. I am very happy to hear the very kind words you were able to share about our staff! We love hearing from our guests when our staff has done such an outstanding job and I will make sure that Rita and the rest of her team is properly commended for their efforts! Thank you for sharing such great feedback with me and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This was a great stay at a very nice Holiday Inn. Even though the hotel is going through what looks like, some major renovations, the disruption was hardly visible. We enjoyed an upgrade to a king suite and the room was huge, clean and comfortable. Access to the casino was easy and the breakfast in the morning was excellent. Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on 5th floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear ontheroad6,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review with the entire TripAdvisor community! I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your visit! We are working very hard to renovate the property and it is wonderful to hear that you found there to be very little disruption! We know how important it is to provide our guests a stress-free environment and I will make sure to let the team know what a great job they have done. I will also make sure to share your kind words with our breakfast staff and commend them on a job well done! Thank you for choosing to spend your time here with us and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We were spending NYE in Council Bluffs and seeing our favorite band Taxi Driver. Didn't want to drive home so made reservations at this Holiday Inn. We ended having an issue with the room, and upon mentioning the matter to management Mr. Bill Vanderpool he corrected the matter quickly. Very good customer service. When stayingvin Council Bluffs again, Holiday Inn will get my money and loyalty.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear trooper198,

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback with the entire TripAdvisor community! I am very sorry for the issue you had with your room. Service is the most important thing that we do and it is great to know that you will be choosing to spend your time here with us again. We love to hear when we have been able to turn a potentially poor experience into a positive one! Loyalty is very important for a hotel and I am happy that we have been able to earn yours. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review and we sincerely look forward to your next visit!