Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mainstay Suites(Coralville)
Residence Inn Coralville(Coralville)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast roomgreat shoppingcomfortable bedcomplimentary breakfastfresh cookieshot itemsstaff was friendlywould stay here againoatmealgas stationoff the highwaynice breakfastmeeting roomdesk clerknice staymini fridgechecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We just spent 2 weeks at the Country Inn and Suites in Coralville.
Our family (2 adults and a 4-year old) enjoyed the hotel, especially the pool, the closeness to mall and Iowa City, the Culvers next door (!) and the size of our two-room suite.

The hotel has easy access, as it is very close to the interstate. It is also located close to many shops and restaurants + not far from down-town Iowa City.

The rooms are a bit dated, but OK.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, room 238. Very close to sidestairs, directly accessible from the parkinglot. If you are looking for a suite, this would be a great room. Very sound proof rooms, we heard no disturbing noices at all.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KDTStavanger_Norway
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that we could accommodate you during your extended stay. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. They like to hear when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope that you will come stay with us again really soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The room and hotel was clean. The bed was very comfy. They had a great breakfast each morning and cookies whenever you wanted. Close to the expressway and lots of shopping

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
CountryInn52241, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 20 December 2011

While staying at this Country Inn & Suites I was only not disappointed in a few factors. Number 1 being the friendly and welcoming front desk staff. Both of whom I spoke with were very inviting and intelligent. The manager on the other hand was cold and uncaring . The second floor (of which I stayed on) halls was hot and humid. My family members stayed on the third floor of the building an their halls were cool. Thankfully our air conditioners worked to satisfaction. The rooms are dated and when we turned off the AC we started getting an odd, moldy smell in the room.
The second pleasant enjoyable encounter I had was with one housekeeper who worked on the second floor, I believe her name tag said Leah, I asked her for certain extra items for my wife and I's stay, she helped me for directions to the closest shopping center, she was extremely hard working and enjoyable to speak with. She went above and beyond her normal everyday duties to make sure we were comfortable even letting us know when their was fresh cookies in the lobby. When we requested an early check in, she made sure to check on us to see if the room was satisfactory and comfortable. She even brought us an extra pillow when I told her I had a sore back. She is an absolute gem in this hotel's staff. On the second day of my visit here I ran into two housekeepers on the third floor...
They are not like my housekeeper at all or what I would have expected from the staff here. They were disgruntled, grumpy, and all in all RUDE. My daughter and son-in-law's room was not serviced on our second day of stay. When they checked in there was very minimal cleaning and wasn't serviced like my room on floor 2

Room Tip: Second floor is much more enjoyable to be on even without the running AC
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We apologize for your the behavior of our employees that you said were rude to you. We are currently looking into this situation for you. This behavior is not allowed at our. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. All of your comments will be passed on to our management and staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your concern. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

I made a reservation to stay based on Trip Advisor’s favorable rating of this property. But due to family issues I needed to cancel 5 minutes after the cancellation deadline. Given the fact that I had just missed the cut-off time, it was the night before a home Hawkeye football game, my family situation which I explained and my assumption that I would receive good customer service, I thought this would be a simple phone call and cancellation. Even though it was Friday night and the property was apparently full, no one in the hotel was authorized to vary from their strict protocol charging for the room after the cancelation cut-off time. The best they offered was that they would try to rent the room. I was polite but insistent they contact someone capable of making a decision. After 3 phone calls and over an hour on the phone, I was told directly by the desk manager that they would cancel my reservation and I quote”we don’t want you to stay with us”. I asked her to repeat what I thought I heard, she confirmed. The best part of my story is that during the time I was on hold, their recording kept telling my about their good old country hospitality. This Country Inn has a long ways to go before they are offering country hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

After investigation of this matter. We found that this guest in fact not charged for the room. Also was not charged a cancellation charge. We did in fact go against our company policy and did not charge for this room, even after the room was canceled after our cancellation deadline. We are very surprised that we received this bad review about this matter, even after we went above and beyond our company policy. Our guests are, and continue to be our number one priority.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

We like to stay at Country Inn & suites. After reading reviews we choose to stay.
This location just needs some help and tender loving care. The staff was nice, but the room.....well let's say that housekeeping needs to be doing a better job. Our tub faucet would not turn off . We could have filled two tubs of water! The long mirror has not seen any Windex with all the finger prints. The sheets, carpet, chipped bathcounter, and dated furniture are all saying "help me." Also when you see a wounded bloody wrapped dog walking around and in the breakfast room, this doesn't exactly make a meal appetizing. I would not want to be the next guest to stay in that room!
I went to work out and only one TV station works -and it was infomercials, and I had a difficult time getting the treadmills to work.
Possibly this is an older property, but please this is a poor reflection on the company and owner of this property.

Room Tip: Ask if animals have stayed previously in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently reviewing all of your concerns. We thank you for bringing these to our attention. These comments will help us improve our service for you and future guests to our hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.

Thanks again for your time. We hope to see you again.