“Below standard of other Country Inns”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Wisconsin
“Below standard of other Country Inns”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Only stayed one night. Room could use a little attention. The toilet periodically made noise even when not being used to fill its tank a little due to what I suspect is a leak in the flapper valve. The bed was real hard. What was really disappointing was the breakfast. It was awful. The egg patties they had were like rubber and completely inedible. Other choices were very limited. It wasn't like we showed up at the last minute either as we came down about 45 minutes before the scheduled end time. The also ran out of forks.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear tjjwis,
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. We have reached out to through email. We hope we will be able to take care of this matter.

Country Inn & Suites Coralville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We just spent 2 weeks at the Country Inn and Suites in Coralville.
Our family (2 adults and a 4-year old) enjoyed the hotel, especially the pool, the closeness to mall and Iowa City, the Culvers next door (!) and the size of our two-room suite.

The hotel has easy access, as it is very close to the interstate. It is also located close to many shops and restaurants + not far from down-town Iowa City.

The rooms are a bit dated, but OK.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, room 238. Very close to sidestairs, directly accessible from the park...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KDTStavanger_Norway
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that we could accommodate you during your extended stay. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. They like to hear when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope that you will come stay with us again really soon.
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The room and hotel was clean. The bed was very comfy. They had a great breakfast each morning and cookies whenever you wanted. Close to the expressway and lots of shopping

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
CountryInn52241, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 7 May 2015
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

While staying at this Country Inn & Suites I was only not disappointed in a few factors. Number 1 being the friendly and welcoming front desk staff. Both of whom I spoke with were very inviting and intelligent. The manager on the other hand was cold and uncaring . The second floor (of which I stayed on) halls was hot and humid. My family members stayed on the third floor of the building an their halls were cool. Thankfully our air conditioners worked to satisfaction. The rooms are dated and when we turned off the AC we started getting an odd, moldy smell in the room.
The second pleasant enjoyable encounter I had was with one housekeeper who worked on the second floor, I believe her name tag said Leah, I asked her for certain extra items for my wife and I's stay, she helped me for directions to the closest shopping center, she was extremely hard working and enjoyable to speak with. She went above and beyond her normal everyday duties to make sure we were comfortable even letting us know when their was fresh cookies in the lobby. When we requested an early check in, she made sure to check on us to see if the room was satisfactory and comfortable. She even brought us an extra pillow when I told her I had a sore back. She is an absolute gem in this hotel's staff. On the second day of my visit here I ran into two housekeepers on the third floor...
They are not like my housekeeper at all or what I would have expected from the staff here. They were disgruntled, grumpy, and all in all RUDE. My daughter and son-in-law's room was not serviced on our second day of stay. When they checked in there was very minimal cleaning and wasn't serviced like my room on floor 2

Room Tip: Second floor is much more enjoyable to be on even without the running AC
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We apologize for your the behavior of our employees that you said were rude to you. We are currently looking into this situation for you. This behavior is not allowed at our. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. All of your comments will be passed on to our management and staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your concern. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.
Yankton, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

I made a reservation to stay based on Trip Advisor’s favorable rating of this property. But due to family issues I needed to cancel 5 minutes after the cancellation deadline. Given the fact that I had just missed the cut-off time, it was the night before a home Hawkeye football game, my family situation which I explained and my assumption that I would receive good customer service, I thought this would be a simple phone call and cancellation. Even though it was Friday night and the property was apparently full, no one in the hotel was authorized to vary from their strict protocol charging for the room after the cancelation cut-off time. The best they offered was that they would try to rent the room. I was polite but insistent they contact someone capable of making a decision. After 3 phone calls and over an hour on the phone, I was told directly by the desk manager that they would cancel my reservation and I quote”we don’t want you to stay with us”. I asked her to repeat what I thought I heard, she confirmed. The best part of my story is that during the time I was on hold, their recording kept telling my about their good old country hospitality. This Country Inn has a long ways to go before they are offering country hospitality.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 20 November 2011
After investigation of this matter. We found that this guest in fact not charged for the room. Also was not charged a cancellation charge. We did in fact go against our company policy and did not charge for this room, even after the room was canceled after our cancellation deadline. We are very surprised that we received this bad review about this matter, even after we went above and beyond our company policy. Our guests are, and continue to be our number one priority.