“Fresh subs and fries”

Add it.
Charley's Grilled Subs
Ranked #59 of 132 Restaurants in Coralville
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Friendly and accommodating folks at the counter. Had the Philly and while the sandwich was freshly made, it was far from a real philly. A couple of slips of steak on an average roll, with cheese and buried in mayonnaise and generous fixings.
I asked for lettuce & tomato and got what i asked for. Didn't ask for the mayo, but I didn't complain. What I didn't get was the fried onions and peppers that make it a real Philly. Like the Philly that I get in the South Side delis.
No baguette, no olive oil, no sea salt or fresh ground pepper to season the meat,etc.
The unimpressive bread fell to pieces before I got halfway through, and I finished it with finger scoops.
What I got was an adequate cheese-steak sandwich and freezer fries.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

They gave us a samples of the California chicken sandwhich. I ordered the regular size sandwhich and fries. Both of them where very good. My daughter ordered the chicken philly and it was equally good. I would recommend this for a quick lunch or dinner. And the free soda refills were a bonus.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Very good grilled subs and french fries with cheese. Had the Italian Sub and it was delicious and the size portions are generous. Very friendly service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 February 2015

Charley's Grilled Subs is in the food court in the Coralville Mall, which is a great location for this sub shop! Staff are friendly, helpful, and efficient in getting the product out quickly! Their subs are AMAZING! Love them!!!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I were trying to decide what to eat at the Coralville Mall. One of the wokers asked my wife to try a bite of one of their sandwiches. She was impressed, so we both order a sub sandwhich. Both of us were very pleased. They have small, regular, and large sizes to choose from and will fix it anyway you want. Together we spent about $15. They were very busy which is an indication of how much people like their food.