“Good location, nice stay. Book football weekends very early.”

Holiday Inn Express Coralville
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This is actually our second stay at this property. (first review) We use this property when needing to stay overnite during Univ of Iowa visits. It can get pretty busy on weekends. Despite that this hotel has kept it's service level to meet our needs. Rooms always clean and comfortable. Beds are OK. Some of our party did not like them but it's hard to please all the different personal needs with one type of bed. Free breakfast has it's slight short comings (except for the cinnamon rolls. I could eat 20) but serves the need and has enough variety that you should be able to find something. The new pancake maker they had was something every busy Mom should have. The hotel is in a great location just off I-80 and has everything you need close by. (shopping mall, Walmart, restaurants, etc). For the money likely the best place in Coralville. If you want to try and book it on football weekends you need to do that as soon as the schedule comes out or you won't get a room. If you're lucky enough to get one use the Hawkeye Express to go to the game and save parking issues. It loads right across the street.

Room Tip: Book football weekends far, far in advance if you want to stay here.
1  Thank Hckynut56

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Wonderful beds, very nice breakfast, and the pool was great! Front desk heard us talking about "hoping our rooms were close" and she asked if we would like adjoining. With a full hotel she managed it. How nice to be able to help our daughter out with the granddaughter and not have to cross the hall!! Cookies at the front desk at bed time, how nice.

Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed a night at this hotel on our cross-country road trip. The location is nice, near shopping, restaurants, Starbucks, etc., but was quiet at night for a good night's rest. We were given a suite which was quite large and clean. The staff was super friendly. My only complaint was that the bed was too soft for my tastes, I found myself rolling towards my husband and feeling like I was sleeping on a hill.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

We were glad to read about the great stay you had at our property. It is encouraging to receive recognition for our friendly employees and expansive breakfast.
We are sorry about the comfort level of your mattress. The mattresses in our rooms are relatively new and do get rotated regularly. I have alerted housekeeping and maintenance to double check that there is no significant droops or body impressions in the mattresses.
We thank you again for your high praises and look forward to another opportunity to have you stay with us!

Reviewed 5 July 2011

We were in the area for my daughter's freshman orientation at the University of Iowa. I tried Priceline for the first time and got the room for $60 which is half off the regular rate. We didn't have time to go swimming, because we were on campus all day. The Holiday Inn Express is very close drive to the University of Iowa. It is also right next to the Coralville Mall. The breakfast at the hotel was outstanding. There were lots of hot items to pick from and they had two workers, so they didn't run out of food even on a Saturday. We appreciated the free parking and free internet access.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

We were so pleased to hear of your enjoyable stay with us! I am sure your daughter will love the community and college.
We welcome another opportunity to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2011

I booked this room on Priceline and called ahead to request a room with 2 beds, which was confirmed by the hotel. Upon arriving I was given a room with one bed. The girl behind the front desk stated they didn't have any rooms with two beds that night. I decided there wasn't anything I could do, so we checked in and then went out to eat. The friend I was with decided rather than sharing a bed he would get his own room. We got back to the hotel and it was a new girl behind the front desk. We stated we needed a different room and told her why. She then informed us that she didn't know why we weren't given a room with 2 beds because there were in fact several available. She was nice enough to accomodate us and move us to a new room with 2 beds. However, it still does not change the fact the first girl blatantly lied because she didn't want to have to switch our rooms. I am a Priority Club member with Holiday Inn and this is absolutely unacceptable treatment of any hotel guest.

The hotel in general is a great hotel. Very clean, good breakfast, nice pool and excercise room. However, based on the staff I would recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank warrenj04
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

I am writing to you today regarding the experience you had at the Holiday Inn Express, Coralville. We take all of our guest feedback seriously and would like to assure you that total guest satisfaction is the goal of our entire staff.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are performing and what can be done to better meet your needs. The hotel’s management has reviewed your comments and our staff has received further customer service training/coaching to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the review and hope the Holiday Inn Express will continue to be your hotel of choice in the Iowa City/ Coralville area.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.