“Best kept secret in Coralvile”
Review of Sarku Japan

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sarku Japan
Ranked #76 of 139 Restaurants in Coralville
Reviewed 18 November 2016

I had just got done hiking at nearby Kent park on this last 72 degree day of November 2016, just a week before the Thanksgiving holiday and I was hungry. I had decided to stop at the mall for some shopping and to eat in their food court. A lovely young woman was in front of this place handing out free samples of the special of the day: Grilled chicken teriyaki, and it was delicious. I was smitten. I rolled the dice and decided that this was the best place to eat and I only spent six bucks for over a pound of food. Steamed rice(and plenty of it), fresh cooked veggies and grilled chicken cooked right in front of me by a young Japanese man that used a hibachi grill that was set at over 500 degrees he told me. My meal was prepared and sliced and served within minutes. It took me over an hour to consume this. I have recently eaten at fancy places in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and other places and let me tell you folks, at THIS place you cannot beat what they have. At least here, at Sarku Japan, spending six bucks on food will fill you up. Unbelievable is this restaurant. Great food and a happy staff. Clean area to dine in; free WiFi; plenty of tables; big, open area and a top-notch menu. You are eating at a food court in a mall so parking is abundant. You cannot go wrong choosing this place to eat lunch or dinner. In my opinion, of course!