“Pleasant lunch.”

Table 128 Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Table 128 Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 75 Restaurants in Clive
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Three of us visited Table 128 for lunch. We went there on the recommendation of one of our party. We were greeted by the host (manager?) in a rather chilly way. He showed us to a table and we ordered a basket of rosemary/parmasan fries as we waited for our third person. They were limp and about room temperature. Probably won't order those again.
Our wait staff was excellent! She was attentive through the whole meal....I don't think our water, soda, or coffee ever got less than half empty and she refilled.
I compliment Table 128 for getting lunch right.....theTraditional Burger and my friend's Lynne's Burger were about 2/3 the size of a regular bistro burger...just right for lunch. My husband's Reuben sandwich arrived alone on the plate....it looked a bit naked without any garni. My friend had the beet salad and sweet potato soup and said that both were delicIous.
The place was very busy for lunch. Hint: reservations are necessary for dinner.
The rather chilly host didn't even look up when we said thanks on our way out. However the complementary bite-size chocolate chip cookies offered on the way out more than made up for his grumpy mood!

2  Thank NSBooklover

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Love this place. We will come back. It’s classy and the food and service are great. For an appetizer we tried the corn crab dip and it was so good. We had the duck tacos and lamb burger I highly recommend both. For desert we had the chocolate truffle which was ok but a little rich and we had the cream brûlée which was good but ours seem to have an extra thick shell and we tried the sweet potato Pennecotto which was our favorite. The prices here are moderate to high. Business causal to mildly dressy is the general attire.

1  Thank Mindy H
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

The food and service here are always great. My wife and I have been here a dozen times. Great happy hour also. Worth the price.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

It's true! Checkout the cheddar and jalapeño fritters and braised beef short ribs. The modern decor and attentive waitstaff make the visit that much better.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

One of my favorites in the des moines area. Great food that is more bistro different than most area restaurants. One of my favorites is the 128 Reuben. Not to forget though the service is as good as the food. Chef Lynn and his wife truly excel in the culinary delights they provide. Will be back again and again