“Ate here every morning we were in town!”

The Blue Strawberry Coffee Company
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and 10 and 12 year old stayed at the Doubletree for a competition and this cafe was just a block away. We stopped in our first morning, loved it, and returned the next 3 mornings for the selection, yummy breakfast sandwiches, cinnamon rolls, and biscuits and gravy.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I've grabbed lunch here several times. Salads and sandwiches were very good. Also looks like it would be a great breakfast location too.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This was a great place to grab a good lunch but not any more. I have given it three separate chances now over a 6 or 8 month span. Three strikes you're out.

The roast beef special on a pretzel roll to go. The sandwich was wrapped well but was so runny I had to attempt to eat it with fork and knife. That didn't work either because the roast beef was so tough and stringy I couldn't even swallow the first bite. The provolone cheese was ... not provolone and looked like a bechamel that had overcooked and separated. Needless to say the pretzel roll (arguably the most exciting ingredient) was so soppy from the liquid it was swimming in that it too was inedible. The entire sandwich is now swimming in that questionable liquid in the trash can.

Sadly another formerly good lunch spot in Downtown Cedar Rapids has been crossed off the list.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

At the recommendation of the Chamber of Commerce we stopped by for lunch. Soup was excellent, serving staff very cold as was the Roast Beef sandwich. Meat was so over cooked it was TOUGH it pulled out of my bread. Oh well

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

It's hard to get beyond the homeless person adorning the front transom. While I feel empathetic, it's a bit much to absorb before morning coffee. Typical coffee shop.