“What a pleasant surprise”
Review of Sage

Sage
Ranked #11 of 171 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I've recently moved out of Communist, Illinois, and moved to the safety and tranquility of Valparaiso, Indiana. So my experiences here will be what I shall write about as I explore my new home.

Sage is my first unique dining experience since I moved in here. Very nice people, GREAT service, and just great food. We started with pizza rolls...yes, I said pizza rolls. Not like any pizza rolls you've ever had. My date had Pesto Chicken, I had the Artichoke Chicken.

Here's the trick to this place. Everything they make is made in house, from the freshest ingredients. And it shows. The menu is well rounded, and has a good variety. They have daily specials.

And it is very moderately priced. If this place was in Chicago, it would be 1/3 more per dish. Amazing taste, moderately priced and great service. How could you ask for more?

Reviewed 19 April 2018

had to run into town, tried them for first time. lunch is only Salads and sandwiches, but you could order off the dinner menu for pastas, Large entrees. The Drink Menu, WOW! the amount of Whiskies, Zillion of good beers, WOW. And they have Moretti beer. Unusual, and the bottle was fresh! I ordered the Seafood Salad, WOW!. Companion ordered an Italian sub with side salad (instead of fries- it is an option). He stated it was most likely the best sub he has ever had. Will Definately go back. In Fact, Lunch was 2 days ago, and I must go into town tomorrow..>Yes, Tomorrow, I shall have dinner here. Did I mention "WOW"?

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for the first time to celebrate a birthday. Our food was excellent. Service was very good. The menu had lots of variety. Everyone's meal was excellent. The beer selection was also varied but had no domestic or Canadian beers. This was the only drawback for us. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Four of us made our first visit to this establishment. We were not disappointed. Being family we were able to sample each other's entree. Sushi grade salmon grilled rare was smooth as butter and had a soft but savory flavor. Ricotta gnocchi was firm but not hard and had a great flavor, The vodka cream sauce was tasty. Ravioli stuffed with short rib meat was rich satisfying. Finally the pork tenderloin medallions served rare almost did not need a knife. The fruit/jam dipping sauce took the dish up a notch. We were all to full for dessert.We will be back.

2  Thank MichaelS4913028
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Cozy, Italian restaurant. Old world beer, delicious drinks, fantastic food! I have sat at the bar and had cocktails and appetizers and I've dined at a table. Bread and olive oil is good but the focaccia was so great! Skip the free bread and get the focaccia instead! Short rib ravioli may be the best I've had. Reasonably priced for handmade pasta. Service is helpful and attentive. Great date night or night out with a good friend. Sandwiches for lunch are great for carry out too if you work close by!

Been to Sage? Share your experiences!