“Good local sports bar”

Duffy's Place
Ranked #81 of 171 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Price range: USD 5 - USD 12
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped by for a beer and some snacks. We were visiting from out of state and were surprised that the whole place is smoking friendly. We had dry rub wings and a few beers, good local crowd who knew each other well. Having said that, the service was good and friendly.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to grab a beer and a bite to eat. A friend suggested Duffys a Valpo staple I'm told. Upon entering the place is a little dark and dingy. Beers were cold and the staff was friendly. Menu looked appetizing. I used the restroom and it was disgusting. The smell was overwhelming and urine was all over the floor. I lost my appetite after that . If they can't simply keep a rest room clean I can only imagine what the kitchen looks like. No thank you!

Reviewed 28 May 2016

We went there just before 5pm and the waitresses were changing shifts. Took took awhile to get our order in and we were in a hurry. Food was just ok. We sat outside and the chairs were the most uncomfortable chairs! Food was hot. Pierogi's were fried in the deep fryer. Wasn't impressed!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

It had been awhile since I had been to Duffy's and the food used to be really good. We ordered 6 pierogi (2 of 3 different kinds). All 6 were not what we ordered. We had a terrible time getting a server to come back to the table to order additional food, ask to have the appetizer ordered corrected or get more beers. Won't be back.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Love everyone that works here. They really make the place incredible and enjoyable, and damn are they funny! Nice and fast, always had a full drink. Much fun on the weekends.

Been to Duffy's Place? Share your experiences!