“Good food, nothing great”
Review of Pikk's Tavern

Pikk's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Pikk's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 169 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here several times.
The food is good. The service can be excellent. This time it was decent-to good.

We went for dinner the night of Mother's Day. They were out of about 6 entree items. Which was a disappointment as my top 2 choices for dinner were unavailable.

Some guy that we guessed was the manager came to our table & "laughed it up" with us for a couple minutes, yet he never introduced himself. One would have thought that he'd at least said, "I'm _name_ the manager. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you." Weird.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We ate here for a quick dinner. The food was very good. I had salmon and my husband had a ribeye steak. The steak was not big but very tasty. The salmon was cooked perfectly. The sides were good.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Service and attention to customers has really declined. At one time we were the only diners and still not checked on very often. Empty water glass and beer glass at edge of table while waiting for very slow food to arrive. We had this experience about a year ago and decided to take them off the list. Remember why now. Food tasted good.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Used to be much better than it is now. They have cheapened the portions and ingredients. Used to have a nice selection of breads but opted for lesser quality breads. Food was just cool.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Wish I'd been here sooner but finally made my way into Pikk's last month. Both visits (last month and last week) the place was packed but I don't feel like the service suffered as a result. Made reservations via Open Table for both occasions. First visit had the fish and chips, this past week had the full slab of ribs. Only complaint would be that their coleslaw comes in a tin the size of a ketchup dipper. The mac and cheese side I had with the ribs was truffled, fantastic! They make a really good Moscow Mule (I take mine with Tito's) and have a nice craft beer selection too.