Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jakomi3
Adelaide, Australia

Life changing experience!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jan 2016
This is a life-changing experience!! If you really want to change your life, break old habits, and learn about health and nutrition, then Kangaroo Island Health Retreat is the place to go. This is my second visit to KI Health Retreat. I did a Mini-Detox in October and I loved it so much, and found it so beneficial, that I bought my partner back to do the Dynamic Couple Full-Detox at the end of December. I am already planning my next trip! Sue facilitates the whole week, and is with you every step of the way. During your time there, Sue teaches about exercise, nutrition, how the body functions, and much, much more! She is an amazing woman, with so much knowledge and experience that she is more than happy to share. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! A++++
Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    Kids' suite
    • Agoda.com
    27.6 km from Kangaroo Island Health Retreat
    View more hotels in Emu Bay
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

KI Health Retreat is an authenticate health retreat offering a bespoke live-in 5 day fasting programs supervised by Sue. I've learnt so much and feel so much better. Could have stayed for another 5 days and think I will come back soon. Loved ths sauna so much that I went out on Saturday and bought on. And I can't go without my body brush ... love the way my skin feels. Thanks Sue.

Date of stay: August 2015
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    2  Thank Cruiser511098
    Reviewed 13 August 2011

I came back to WA after my week stay at KI and was absolutely blown aware. I am 47 years old and thought I knew about nutrition, what you should and shouldn't eat and why. I soon found i did not. Forget the 8 glass of sipping water a day, at KIHR Sues teaches you everything. I went there with the attitude i wanted to learn something new. I recently lost my 26 year old son to suicide and I was low, had put on 4 extra kilos due to a no care attitude and low moods. MY heart was aching on the plane ride over there and i couldn't care less if it crashed. I listen to what she said and did what I was asked to do. I lost 4 kilos in a week and have keep it off, with my cleansing breakfast's and lunches. THe walks are beautiful and there's must more. The extras are a bonus. But the most valuable part was the information and loving that this woman gave me, by walking her talk. She is the most down to earth, open person I have ever met. A true Aussie character with a heart for health and you!. The money is well worth every penny! The rooms have heaters and are very clean, safe and personal. When you meet Sue, don't judge a book by it's cover, she lived life, (Good God!) and she'll be with you all the way, even if the plunge pool is cold, brr! Ha Ha. I could go on & on...You will get more than you think!! Wendy R , Perth

Date of stay: July 2011
    9  Thank WendyR64
    Reviewed 14 July 2011

I went to Kangaroo Island Health Retreat on the recommendation of my friend who swears by it, and I was not disappointed. Sue provided a thorough, no nonsense but caring approach to getting me back on my feet after complete corporate burn-out. The detox worked; the long walks, yoga and pilates were very beneficial, as was getting a good understanding of proper nutrition and how our bodies work. KIHR is set in a beautiful tranquil rural location and I felt fantastic when I got back home! It has put me back on track to taking care of my health.

Date of stay: September 2010
    6  Thank Angeltravels88
    Reviewed 20 June 2011

I found my stay at KIHR to be an enjoyable and valuable experience which left me feeling much healthier and fitter than I arrived.
    I would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2010
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 15 June 2011

And I feel fantastic.Sue was an absolute inspiration. I had been floundering for a long time and finally feel like I am back on track.The stunning location cannot fail to make a lasting impression. I decided to go to KI after a friend of mine recommended it. She looked so fabulous I just had to go.The rooms were a little basic but I was not looking to be pampered I was looking for results.That is exactly what I got. I learnt so much and feel equipped to live a happy healthy lifestyle.

Date of stay: May 2011