Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Wendy R
Perth, Australia

Awesome, healing and just what I needed

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Aug 2011
I came back to WA after my week stay at KI and was absolutely blown aware. I am 47 years old and thought I knew about nutrition, what you should and shouldn't eat and why. I soon found i did not. Forget the 8 glass of sipping water a day, at KIHR Sues teaches you everything. I went there with the attitude i wanted to learn something new. I recently lost my 26 year old son to suicide and I was low, had put on 4 extra kilos due to a no care attitude and low moods. MY heart was aching on the plane ride over there and i couldn't care less if it crashed. I listen to what she said and did what I was asked to do. I lost 4 kilos in a week and have keep it off, with my cleansing breakfast's and lunches. THe walks are beautiful and there's must more. The extras are a bonus. But the most valuable part was the information and loving that this woman gave me, by walking her talk. She is the most down to earth, open person I have ever met. A true Aussie character with a heart for health and you!. The money is well worth every penny! The rooms have heaters and are very clean, safe and personal. When you meet Sue, don't judge a book by it's cover, she lived life, (Good God!) and she'll be with you all the way, even if the plunge pool is cold, brr! Ha Ha. I could go on & on...You will get more than you think!! Wendy R , Perth
Date of stay: July 2011
  • ZenHotels.com
    AU$208
13.1 km from Kangaroo Island Health Retreat
View more hotels in Emu Bay
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I went to Kangaroo Island Health Retreat on the recommendation of my friend who swears by it, and I was not disappointed. Sue provided a thorough, no nonsense but caring approach to getting me back on my feet after complete corporate burn-out. The detox worked; the long walks, yoga and pilates were very beneficial, as was getting a good understanding of proper nutrition and how our bodies work. KIHR is set in a beautiful tranquil rural location and I felt fantastic when I got back home! It has put me back on track to taking care of my health.

Date of stay: September 2010
6  Thank Angeltravels88
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I found my stay at KIHR to be an enjoyable and valuable experience which left me feeling much healthier and fitter than I arrived.
I would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2010
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2011

And I feel fantastic.Sue was an absolute inspiration. I had been floundering for a long time and finally feel like I am back on track.The stunning location cannot fail to make a lasting impression. I decided to go to KI after a friend of mine recommended it. She looked so fabulous I just had to go.The rooms were a little basic but I was not looking to be pampered I was looking for results.That is exactly what I got. I learnt so much and feel equipped to live a happy healthy lifestyle.

Date of stay: May 2011
3  Thank suzannahp2007
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Having never been to a Health Retreat I wasn't sure what to expect but I loved my time at KIHR, I'm definitely feeling fitter and healthier. The location was beautiful, the exercise was great I really enjoyed the beach walking and yoga, the food was yummy and I loved the massage and facial. I'd definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: March 2011
1  Thank superstarsrule
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Kangaroo Island Health Retreat overlooks pristine Emu Bay, which is a great escape from it all.

The lodgings are comfortable, not glamorous, so not a pamper retreat.

It was hard work for the first couple of days, with heaps of stretching, exercise and caffeine headaches (curse you morning coffee!!) but by the end of the week, I felt rejuvenated, lost some weight and for the first time in ages not tired.

The operator is a bit of a health guru, who sometimes can act like a taskmaster!! But she knows her stuff and is really likable. Personally it was what made me apply myself and made all the difference over the course of the week. I have certainly kept it up since I returned home and am feeling great!

Date of stay: December 2010