“Always a treat”

Tippecanoe Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tippecanoe Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 348 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: USD 12 - USD 34
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Food was great as always- but in this case service wasn't quite up to par- if it had been my first I would have very disappointed but it was not , every place has an off nite

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018

It's disheartening to write this review. My family and I dine here on special occasions so it's been a few years. Tippy used to just be absolutely amazing but on this trip out of the eight of us we all had a poor experience. The french onion soup was so salty you couldn't eat it at all. I personally ordered a 10oz fillet and it was 3/4" thick with zero seasoning, my nieces chicken fingers and fries tasted like shrimp. The mashed potatoes were so bland and the "sauce" on the steak was like water and it too had no flavor. It's just disappointing as this restaurant used to be so great. The atmosphere and history is great but I do think that changes need to be made.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Loved this place! I so enjoy architectural history and this former Studebaker home is just what I like to see. Besides the amazing interior, the food was wonderfully prepared. I highly recommend going here to enjoy both the ambiance and food.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Our family met and enjoyed lunch on the sun porch. My husband and I had not been prior..several others had and Tippecanoe was fairly central to us. The service was FANTASTIC! We had a large groups eight one server. She was gracious, answered questions, was very attentive and pleasant. I wish I had gotten her name today (3/17/18). The menu is general and fairly good. If you go, one of the best items if the French Onion soup! The food is fair but not fitting the atmosphere and setting. Not easy to find culinary devoted talents to keep a restaurant afloat. I hope Tippecanoe is able to find that spark soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This place is an important part of South Bend History. I encourage anyone to go see the building and read the history throughout. However, I recently ate supper there for the first time in about 30 years. Honestly, I was depressed when we left. One of the wait staff wore a baseball hat and our waiter was unpleasant, both shocked me! About the food: Creamy Chicken and Potato soup was delicious, the Prime Rib was average, mushrooms were not flavored very well, and cheesy potatoes (I don't remember their official name) was very dry. So not impressed with the dinner and the bill that came with it. For that price, I could have eaten somewhere else with a more satisfaction.