“Great pulled pork!”

Firehouse BBQ
Ranked #4 of 114 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Firehouse BBQ and Blues is Richmond Indiana's oldest firehouse. Owned and operated by two Richmond Firefighters, it is Indiana's premier BBQ restaurant. We specialize in southern style smoked pork, chicken, and brisket, and serve it up in a comfortable, nostalgic atmosphere. Live Blues music can be enjoyed every Friday and Saturday night. We also specialize in catering. You can plan your event to take place in our banquet room, or we can cater your event at your location.
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I don’t get over that way a lot but when we do we always enjoy our meals. The sides are delish too! Definitely make a trip to check it out! Love the ambiance.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Food was good, service was friendly. We had brisket and smoked chicken quesadilla. Sides served in cute little ball jars. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to Richmond Indiana and we found this BBQ blues restaurant and bar totally by accident. Parking was street parking and free from meter charges. The food was great, the blues decor is really very cool! The place was clean and the service was quick and friendly. I highly recommend this old firehouse turned house of the delta blues!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Their basic tag line is hickory-smoked meats with classic sides, plus live entertainment, offered in a former fire station. Yes, this is a restaurant with a bar, but they have regular, live entertainment on Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting at 7 PM, 8 PM or 9 PM depending on the evening. The restaurant was started in a prior firehouse, fittingly, by two formal firemen, in 2012. The building was Richmond's first firehouse dating back to the 1880's. So if you like a bit of history and great architecture to go with your food, this could be a locale for you. They have a family friendly area, an over 21 only bar and eating area, as well as two outside seating areas. The wide open interior is nicely modernized to fill the needs of a restaurant, while preserving the basic integrity of its roots as a firehouse. Some of what adds to their endearing character are the interior and exterior murals. The four of us tried their The Memphis sandwich with cheesy potatoes - pulled pork topped with fresh coleslaw (good), The Sparky sandwich with green beans - jalapeño smoked sausage covered with pulled pork, pepper jack cheese and jalapeños (good but not as hot and spicy as hoped), BBQ Veggie Wrap - bbq baked beans, lettuce, grilled peppers & onions, and cheddar cheese in a flour tortilla (good and not too much bbq - perfect as this dinner was not a bbq sauce fan) and The Barnyard Sampler - brisket, pulled pork and 1/3 rack of ribs with cheesy potatoes, mac&cheese and jalapeño corn bread. I had the latter, which for me was excellent. The portions were huge as were the flavors. The meats (sandwiches and platters) are served dry so that the diner can add the amount and type of bbq sauce from the three on the tables (mild, house and spicy). I tried all three but settled on the flavor of the mild. The menu includes appetizers, salads, soups, Texas Taters (huge baked potato filled with one of four meat options), sandwiches, wraps, dinners, baby back ribs and desserts. Their sides include green beans, cole slaw, mac&cheese, cheesy potatoes, bakes beans, potato salad, sweet potato casserole, and scalloped cabbage. The service was great. We happened too have a toddler along and the staff made the little one happy with high chair, a glass of milk and straws to play with. We will definitely be back. I know that I will order less next time. Not because what I had was not excellent but because I have no will power with good BBQ and ate too much.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

In just a few words: good food, good prices, good service, great atmosphere! Live music some nights although I have never been there for it. Love the new use for the old firehouse!

1  Thank h0llyw0607

Been to Firehouse BBQ? Share your experiences!