“A Beautiful place to stop and reflect....Great for shopping and Ouzo tasting too!!”

Church of St. Panteleimon
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Siana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stopped off here on one of our Island jaunts, My goodness me, what a purely delightful Village. We parked in the free Car Park right next to the delightful and Beautiful and Picturesque Church....What a place to make a doubter, Feel humbled and welcomed and NO mistake!! We visited the TRULY BEAUTIFUL interior of the Church.....WOW!! does not cover it.......The inside was dazzling in it's pure beauty and reverence...I am NOT a religious type of man but, I felt the need to light Candles on behalf of my Wife's late Parents.......One for my much-missed Mum........and one for our Daughter-in-Law's Father who had passed some 2 days previously, Came out of the Church and felt better for being there and lighting the Candles....Was then time for the Ladies to do their thing-Shopping......Also HAD to try the various Liqueurs on offer in the local store opposite the Church......Coffee Ouzo-My favourite, alongside Caramel Ouzo...Mint Ouzo....Lemoncella.......and lots more, (P.S. I was NOT driving that day), Bought some lovely gifts, I personally left the Village/Town feeling better for having visited and leaving a lit candle for persons who had passed...IF you hire a Car, Make sure you visit Siana on the West side of the Island...You will not be disappointed.....Siana, My respects and my thanks, For making me humbled and making me appreciate the finer things in life.....Bless you.

All reviews
"delightful village"
"paintings"
"honey"
"religious"
"beauty"
"rhodes"

Reviewed 3 October 2017

best place to buy olive oil and some jams like olives, oranges, mandarins...
You can taste the different olive oils and the other products.
Very nice people and products

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This is a very pretty village & the church is really beautiful. Full of wall paintings & Icons very peaceful.The views from the village are also worth stopping for.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Had a trip to this beautiful church and was not disappointed. The paintings inside were lovely and the priest even blessed our wedding rings while we were there. A place not to be missed if you go to Rhodes.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Stopped here on the way back from Monolithios for something to eat as we had passed through on the way there and recognised that it would be a very unspoilt place to visit. Took in the rooftop restaurant of Manos that overlooks the ornate Greek church. Also bought wine and food seasoning at Marias, who just happens to be the daughter of the eateries owner. Both were great to talk to and very proud of their village. The Gyros was excellent and we took time to pop into the church. What a find.