1,671 results
All reviews new wing sri lanka special thanks airport garden indian food close to the airport excellent service pastry chef duty manager delicious food restaurant manager minutes from the airport cake swimming pool long flight short stay last night
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night while transiting through Sri Lanka on our way to the Maldives. 10 min drive from airport.
Service was excellent. Rooms were comfortable, but 3 star in presentation. Comfortable bed. Excellent buffet breakfast. Wonderful, friendly staff.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
ranil_perera, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to have you with us as our guests. It is wonderful to read that you had a memorable stay experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Gateway Hotel Airport Garden.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2018

All the services and the food was really awesome for the price. Affordable prices couples or families can enjoy full board packages without any hesitate. Morning breakfast buffet was the greatest. can see the airport view nicely at the night.

Room tip: Best View of the Airport
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to know you had a comfortable stay with us at Gateway Airport Garden Hotel.
I have noted your comments with regard to the quality of food , staff service and hospitality. I will pass on your sentiments to my team.

Thanking you and looking forward to your continued patronage to The Gateway Hotel Airport Garden.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

As a family we stayed over night at the Gateway on our way to the Maldives. Our holiday was booked through Perfect Wave. We were greeted at the airport by a driver and the owner of the local tourist rep for Perfect Wave, we only had a day bag as our boards and bags were checked straight through - no problems. The hotel is about 15 minutes away, the staff are extremely helpful and are very proud of their country.
We had two adjoining rooms that were clean, quiet and comfortable. The gym is well equipped and spacious. The food at breakfast was amazing and as a tip make yourself known to the Pastry Chef also brush up on your cricket knowledge.

Thanks to the staff at Gateway and the local Perfect Wave reps. We would stop over again at the Gateway.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Airport Garden Colombo!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
I have noted your comments with regard to the quality of the rooms, staff service and hospitality. I will pass on your sentiments to my team.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently close to airport, the staffs were courteous friendly & professional specially Hashini & Anne (front office)were one of them.thank you so much for the great experience .I like the breakfast specially Sri Lankan selection of dishes in the buffet.I would recommend to Renovate rooms specially old wing rooms bit old stuffs are not appropriate other than it was a great experience.

Trip type: Travelled on business
ranil_perera, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
I have noted your comments with regard to the quality of food and rooms, staff service and hospitality. I will pass on your sentiments to my team.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located close to the airport, which gives it an advantage. The room is so nice, staff are very helpful and extremely polite – in fact they are one of the friendliest hotel staffs I have ever met.

The room service was fantastic as well, and again, the staff are very courteous.

Also, make sure that you pay a visit to their spa. It was such a very good experience – the ambience, the smell, and the soothing sound.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I have noted your comments with regard to the quality of our staff service and hospitality. I will pass on your sentiments to my team.