“5 stars for the music”

Ranked #21 of 48 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Ate here on a Saturday evening and Sunday morning while staying at the inn.
LONG wait Saturday evening to get a table. It seemed the problem was not lack of tables as much as lack of staff with the staff having too many things to do.

We opted for the buffet Saturday evening (although there was a limited menu option as well). Buffet was overall good with a nice salad bar, soup, vegs, entrees and desserts. As with all buffets, some things were better than others. The other person with me does not eat sweets but waitress kindly gave her a bowl of fruit for dessert.(strange that there was no fruit on the evening buffet)
I had to request replenishment on empty food items several times - again, there just seemed to be a lack of staff to pay attention to details. Waitresses were very busy running from room to room-they were very nice but there were usually long waits for them...again,they seemed to be trying hard but there aren't enough of them.

A couple very nice touches ......Mason jar water glasses, senior discount, a lovely room looking out on flower beds, and especially the singing duo both Saturday evening and Sunday morning.They do primarily songs from Jim Croce, James Taylor, etc. era. although one was a current song...and they do requests. They were engaging and VERY GOOD. I think they play every weekend.
I just wish I could have had a glass of wine to add to the enjoyment (no alcohol in the restaurant).

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent the night at the Abe Martin Lodge. We loved the Lodge but not the restaurant.
Upon arrival, we waited and waited and waited for someone to seat is. I finally asked a server if someone was going to seat us. She said, there was suppose to be someone at the desk. There wasn't. A young girl came from a private room, apologized and seated us.
Our server was very friendly. If she didn't know the answer to our questions she asked someone.
One question we asked, are the mashed potatoes instant or natural? She asked. Sometimes they are instant, sometimes they are natural. This time they said they were a blend of instant and natural. The mashed potatoes were awful.
The barb q ribs were delicious. They had a specific seasoning. We recommend the ribs.
The salad bar was good with several choices of greens, spinach etc...
Upon leaving the restaurant we had to look for someone in order to pay our bill.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

The food was good. We had the buffet. Dessert was good. They had sugar cream pie. The wait staff was nice and attentive. It was a bit overpriced, but the atmosphere was nice. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank anicole2801
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I had dinner here. The buffet is only $16.00 for all-you-can-eat (less for children and seniors). Excellent fried chicken! Green beans cooked "Indiana style" (mushy with bacon and onions); fresh corn; good desserts; very good salad bar. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

As an old ex Hoosier, I am very fond of the Abe Martin Lodge in Brown County State Park. I have stayed in the lodge over forty some times in my 57 years here on God's green earth. I remember when the main entrance was on the backside of the lodge overlooking the beautiful hills. I remember when the Annex was built and all was new and fresh. Now there is an indoor pool/waterpark. I'm sure for the families with kids it is a great addition. I personally don't like indoor pools in hotels because the entire place usually smell of chlorine. Abe Martin Lodge is no exception.
The Fetching Mrs. Rat and I decided to go to Nashville again, we had not been there since 2008. We booked a King Patio Room in the lodge. It was comfortable, clean and there was plenty of hot water. These rooms have been renovated a number of times over the years, so they have never seemed out of date.
The staff was friendly, the price was right $144 and change per night. All in all it was a good stay. It is nice to come back to a comfortable room after a day on the trails.