“Excellent buffet - inexpensively priced”
Review of Abe Martin Lodge

Abe Martin Lodge
Ranked #23 of 46 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I had dinner here. The buffet is only $16.00 for all-you-can-eat (less for children and seniors). Excellent fried chicken! Green beans cooked "Indiana style" (mushy with bacon and onions); fresh corn; good desserts; very good salad bar. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

As an old ex Hoosier, I am very fond of the Abe Martin Lodge in Brown County State Park. I have stayed in the lodge over forty some times in my 57 years here on God's green earth. I remember when the main entrance was on the backside of the lodge overlooking the beautiful hills. I remember when the Annex was built and all was new and fresh. Now there is an indoor pool/waterpark. I'm sure for the families with kids it is a great addition. I personally don't like indoor pools in hotels because the entire place usually smell of chlorine. Abe Martin Lodge is no exception.
The Fetching Mrs. Rat and I decided to go to Nashville again, we had not been there since 2008. We booked a King Patio Room in the lodge. It was comfortable, clean and there was plenty of hot water. These rooms have been renovated a number of times over the years, so they have never seemed out of date.
The staff was friendly, the price was right $144 and change per night. All in all it was a good stay. It is nice to come back to a comfortable room after a day on the trails.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Got a burger and salad. Sister got a black beach burrito. She really liked it . Added salsa. Lunch is basically sandwiches.salad and soup.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Stopped in on a Friday night while passing thru Nashville. Buffet only but it was very good. Fried chicken, roast pork, mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni and cheese, salad bar, fried biscuits with apple butter, apple cobbler and my favorite was the bread pudding. All was definitely made in house no pre-made stuff. The only bad part was having to pay the $7 at the park gate.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

My daughter recently moved to the Nashville area so we are visiting frequently. We decided to go here for dinner on Saturday night because of all of the great memories I have of vacationing here as a child. We won't be going back. It was a buffet, which I wasn't expecting, but also wasn't a problem. The salad bar area was very limited, several dishes empty, and the lettuce mix looked like something you would have thrown out if it was in your refrigerator at home. On the hot side of the buffet, besides the fried chicken and fried biscuits, everything else looked like something they opened a can and warmed up. We were hard press to even fill our plates. Maybe our experience would have been different if we had ordered off a menu, but we'll never know.

Been to Abe Martin Lodge? Share your experiences!