“Tasty food lunch/dinner ”

Montania Cafe-Bar-Restaurant
Get food delivered
Price range: AU$10 - AU$40
Cuisines: Italian, Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The multi award winning Montania cafe bar restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Nestled right on the edge of the Dandenong Ranges with a cosmopolitan atmosphere and a reputation for great food, service and coffee. Our Chef brings to the table an extensive menu with a twist on classic Italian, complimented by a fantastic beverage list. In the mornings kick back with the daily paper, a creamy latte and perfectly poached eggs. What a start to the day! Best news is on weekends we refuse to penalise late risers, offering an all day breakfast menu, with 2 dining areas to choose from.
Reviewed 12 September 2023

Love this restaraunt . Friendly staff great selection of food and the outside area is excellent on a nice day.

Date of visit: November 2022

Reviewed 30 July 2023 via mobile

Had breakfast here as a couple.

My husband had a full breakfast and he was quite happy with it.

I ordered the fritters and was terribly disappointed. The fritters were like leather – they were overcooked, too dark, flattened and thin, and virtually tasteless in terms of the constituent ingredients – they tasted like a fried “thing“. They would have to be possibly the worst fritters I’ve ever been served. The dish elements otherwise were fine but the beetroot hummus was overpowering, although this is a matter of taste. The hummus itself was fine.

All our drinks were fine – just as you’d expect.

When I receive a dish that’s not to my liking, I invariably just leave without saying anything – usually it’s an issue of taste and preferences. However my fritters weren’t a matter of just taste – they weren’t executed well at all. My hunch is that the batter was over mixed, the gluten overworked, and then they were cooked with an overly heavy hand and for far too long. As a result, I said something to the restaurant and to be fair they discounted our bill by about 10% even though I suggested that wasn’t necessary. It was a nice gesture but I’d rather pay the full price and have a nice breakfast.

I’ve been to this restaurant many times for breakfast and find their meals okay – nothing to write home about but okay. I’ve rated this experience three stars (average) because our drinks were fine and my husband’s meal was fine, both worth noting. But the fritters were extraordinary in terms of how bad they were and that’s it for me – I won’t return.

Date of visit: July 2023
GEORGE DIMITRIADIS, Owner at Montania Cafe-Bar-Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2023

Thanks for your feedback. Our crispy corn & jalapeno fritters special were a hit that week & received several compliments. I'm sorry to hear that they did not meet your expectations. I understand our team offered you something else instead when checking how your meals were & could have possible re-written the ending here. The discount was a consolation & I agree, I'd rather pay full price & have a nice meal too. May your future breakfast endeavours be filled with joy :)

Reviewed 28 July 2023

Cheap but very tasty. I had ribs and my partner had bacon and eggs. Generous portions. Took a while to arrive but we didn't mind.

Date of visit: June 2023

Thank you for taking the time to rate us & share your experience :)

Reviewed 10 June 2023

I have been here several times. It just gets better, and it has always been awesome!!. From customer service to the food. Tonight was no exception. We had the Calamari Fritta which was just delicious, and I am VERY fussy about this seafood. Amazing menu, and they go out of their way to ensure your requests are met. We took home dessert, which was just yummy. So much care in ensuring our take-home food was presented beautifully. Everyone that works there is just so lovely. I must give an extra thumbs up to Micheal who has served us on the past few occasions. There are 2 things I look for when I go out for a meal. 1 is good food. 2. Good input from your waiter/ waitress. Michael has amazing customer interaction skills. He has a manner that makes you feel so looked after. I live 40 mins from there, and it's a place I never have a problem with travelling to, to have that great eating out experience. If you haven't been, you are missing out!! So give it a go!! <3

Date of visit: June 2023

We love receiving feedback like this. Our entire team share a common goal in creating an amazing dining experience & we're so glad to hear you enjoy each visit. We have to agree, Michael really is amazing an a real asset to our team. Thanks for the great review :)

Reviewed 14 May 2023

I’ve being going to montania for years and all ways pretty good. But not this time bought the big breakfast sausage was microwaved, cold cooked mushrooms, cold cooked spinach and the bacon was deep fried dry as a bone and in eatable. They did replace the bacon but 10 minutes later after I had finished the meal. Good service but poor food

Date of visit: May 2023