Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tone A
Melbourne, Australia

Clean classic highway motel style

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Jan 2019via mobile
Central carpark with ground and first floor apartments surrounding, has a ghetto hwy motel feel. Partons having room doors open, smoking on balcony, drinking in the carpark. RSL next door, with a grass field were people seem to walk to and from. RSL seems to be linked to hotel. Parked in RSL carpark, under camera surveillance instead, for security. Close to supermarket. Rude staff ( blonde lady), because of their guests, are suspicious of anyones activity. Getting questioned in the carpark, is not lovely environment.
Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 6 Jan 2019
Thanks for taking the time to review our venue. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience. If you would like to contact us on (03) 9758 6544 we would be more than happy to discuss your experience and any other concerns you may have.
Many Thanks
    AU$390
    AU$352
7.0 km from Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel
View more hotels in Ferntree Gully
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2018

Could only find this listing, had lunch here in Dec and it was just ok. Just below Standard pub food, steak was tough, over cooked. Got vegies when ordered salad. Others got fish which did not smell the best but they said it was ok. The chicken schnitzel meal was like a senior size meal, my hubby got home and cooked himself some food as he was still hungry.
Not very enticing nor comfortable seating.
Would we return, no as there are too many other great pubs in Victoria to eat at.
Just remember this is just a pub, some say its the best one in Ferntree gully!!! Oh my.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ferntree G, Manager at Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review our venue. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your meals or enjoy your experience. If you would like to contact us on (03) 9758 6544 we would be more than happy to discuss your review and any other concerns you may have.
Many Thanks
Jacqui

Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

Found this hotel very comfortable spotlessly clean great location and very helpful staff. Great value. I stayed here for 3 nights and despite being on the highway was very quiet. The hotel next door was an added bonus. Gateway to The Dandenong Ranges.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank lmredfern
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Our stay at Ferntre Gully Hotel was perfect. We stayed on a weekend for a wedding.
Housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was neatly presented on time so we could get ready for our event.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful two nights stay. Room is good in size and had received amazing service from all staff. Would like to give the credit to extreamly professional and helpful housekeeping team for maintaining the top level of cleanliness and friendly atmosphere. Bed was really comfy and bathroom was exceptional. Thank you for make our stay memorable. Definitely will return.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rkarneshi
Reviewed 3 October 2018

One impression can make all the difference and while this is not my first stay here unless I have a good reason to it might be my last. I'm told reasonably reliably that the Ferntree Gully Hotel/Motel has changed hands hence I guess the adding of Nightcap to its name. My reason for staying here was a visit to my daughter who lives nearby, I have stayed before and my daughter used the function facilities for an occasion. It is local to the Dandenong's but little else. The rooms are dated but adequate to put your head down. While I noted the car park reasonably full I was allocated what could be described as a family room as it had a doorway between the room I was in and the next room. Needless to say I could here all. The TV minute, the internet should have been intermittent. The single beds pushed together and made hurriedly. There was a blast of noise after I had gone to sleep I'm guessing from a compressor of sorts. The young lady at reception was very polite and professional. As an enticement to patronise the hotel I was given a voucher for a pot of beer. Asking for a VB the barman advised that I would be better taking another option. I did so and asked for a Great Northern. I would hate to think what the VB must have tasted like not only was the Great Northern fowl in taste but had zero bubbles in it. It disappoints me to have to say this as I been satisfied with my stays previously i.e. put my head down. When there are other options available all be it slightly dearer I might have second thoughts.

Date of stay: September 2018
AnthonyB5124, Manager at Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us.
either positive or negative they are great to get so we can improve.
I'm very sorry your stay this time wasn't up to standard.
We haven't changed hands, just a name change.
I'm sorry the people in the room next to you were noisy. Unfortunately we can't control what our guests do in their rooms. we will look into a way of dampening the noise between the rooms though.
Not sure about the compressor noise as we have nothing like that on the property. Maybe another guests car? which again we cannot control.
After reading your review i had someone from CUB come out and we found that the Great Northern was not up to their standard either and this issue has been fixed. We also cleaned our lines an extra time just to be sure we got it all out.
Hopefully we can see you again and make it up to you.
Thanks again for telling us about your stay.
Regards Anthony B